Contribute
Register

How to manage or reset display settings in multi monitor setup under Mojave?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-G Gaming (WIFI-AC)
CPU
i5-8600K
Graphics
RX580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi all,

I am on Mojave beta 7, been upgrading since beta4 through the Apple software update. (I moved from High Sierra to Mojave Beta4)

My build is based on an RX580 to which I have three monitors attached. Two LG 27UK600 and one Dell2007WFP.
I acquired the two LG this week and reorganized my setup. To test I tried the display port cable on both the RX580 and the LG monitors. It seems to have been OK as in picture is displayed and everything is fine. At that time, my Dell monitor was in landscape.

Middle of the week, I setup everything and unfortunately I am missing a displayport cable that is long enough to keep my two LG on displayport to displayport cables.

Right now I have:
1 x LG 27UK600 in landscape mode on displayport-to-displayport cable setup as the primary/main monitor
1 x LG 27UK600 in landscape mode on hdmi-to-hdmi cable
1 x Dell 2007WFP in portrait mode on DVI-to-DVI cable

What works:
The LG on displayport cable always works on boot, after wake up no issue.
The LG on HDMI worked initially but does not display anything anymore although it is seen under the display arrangement windows as seen below

In this scenario, the monitor on the left is the LG on HDMI, the one in the center is the LG on DP and the one on the right hand side is the Dell in portrait mode.

The Dell in portrait mode is the reason of my question as although it shows as in portrait mode in the system above, the orientation of the window is landscape. The weirdest part is that the actual objects in the UI react as in portrait mode so there is a 90-degree different between the object (like the Finder window) and the way the actual Finder window is represented.
When I changed the rotation (using the keyboard to navigate the Display settings window as it is really hard to select the right object with the mismatch of rendered window on the screen and objects in portrait mode, I can get the monitor back to showing the UI in portrait mode however after reboot it comes back to this.

I am curious to see if anybody has faced the blank screen issue on an RX580 and whether anybody has seen this weird portrait mode issue as well.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-26 at 8.45.32 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-26 at 8.45.32 AM.png
    203.8 KB · Views: 146
  • Screen Shot 2018-08-26 at 8.46.20 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-26 at 8.46.20 AM.png
    196.1 KB · Views: 147
  • portrait-problem.jpg
    portrait-problem.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 133
Hi. I have the same behavior. Did you fix it?

Same issue.

I tried the kext patch solution suggested here, but that didn't work.

After each reboot, the portrait monitor displays in a busted landscape orientation, but the settings and mouse functionality seem to still be in portrait mode.

Turning the monitor off and back on solves the issue after each boot.

@duggum, please update your profile (account details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card(s).
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard.
The Rules said:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back