Contribute
Register

How to make ML run in 720p resolution instead of 1080p on an HDTV via HDMI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7-3770k
Graphics
HD4000 and ATI Radeon 4870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi!

I was wondering if anyone knows how to make ML run with a 720p resolution instead of 1080p with a HDMI connection?

I actually have two systems and both have the same problem when I connect them to the HDTV in 720p via HDMI. If I change the resolution in APPLE > ABOUT THIS MAC > MORE INFO > tab DISPLAY > DISPLAY PREFERENCES, we cannot read anything on screen because it shows like an unsupported resolution onscreen.

System 1:
Z77X-UD5H with i7-3770k
Radeon 4870 DVI Output (Runs OOB)
Sonnet Nic (Runs OOB)

System 2:
Z77N-WIFI with i5-3570k
HD4000 HDMI Output

Both system have a "user dsdt or dsdt free" installation. I only had to use a different "no dsdt audio driver"(obvious), and use a network driver AND Boot option 1080p on system 2 only.

Both works great on DVI output or in 1080p via hdmi output. When I make resolution changes and that I get into problems with the display resolution, I only have to disconnect the hdmi cable and reconnect it, then it display in 1080p again.

That being said, I played a bit on System 2 with the org.chameleon.Boot.plist and played with "graphic enabler" and "graphic mode" without luck. I have also searched the forum a bit but just could not find the topic or the solution I was looking for. BTW : Yes my HDTV supports 720p and it works great with Windows7... ;O)

Any of you know the solution or can point me a specific topic to read?

Thank you very much!

Milhouse

Uncheck (best for display) and check (scaled) Scaled will allow you to change resolutions.
Also just go to System preferences to get to display settings.
Try switching overscan on and off as well as changing settings.
I think this is all you need to do.

Do you realize you listed three different video setups for your machine.
HD,3870. and 4870. I am not sure what you are using. (3870 ???)
What do you mean by native?
Any video setup you have requires some tweaking. That is not native nor are they OOB.
HD 4000 sometimes requires some tweaks. A 4870 sometimes needs some parameters adjusted.
I do not think that is problem as
You seem to have video working fine with DVI displays.
God job. You just need to know how to use Apple System Preferences for display. Use Apple Help Menu.

Some TVs can act strange. I had a 740p TV and I sent it a 1080p signal and it worked fine at 1080p.
It even showed it was 1080p. My 1080p TV no problems period.

In future with Multibeast just do an EasyBeast install and just add one thing in at a time if needed.
Did you use the 1080p option in Multibeast ? You might have to undo it.

I corrected the video card number... ;O)

By natively, I meant that worked out of box with the OSX native driver.

hd4000 is for the dual screen on my system 1 which is not necessary with this HDTV test.

And yes I did do the multibeast 1080p install on system 2.

--

I will try that under scan thing first.

Than do is a clean install and check what happens with the screen resolution in 720p and the HDTV.

I will also consult the Apple Help menu as suggested!

--

Underscan set to more Worked on system 2! :O)

Thank you very very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back