GTX650
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello all

I already have mountain lion installation on a USB drive, how do I make a Unibeast USB bootable drive out of it ?
I've tried copying the contents to Applications folder, but this doesn't work

Help is appreciated

Thanks

You can't as there is no such thing as a Mountain Lion USB.

True that Apple doesn't sell Mountain Lion USB as it did with Lion, but I've already bought the software from iTunes, and have the installer on a bootable USB disk, that can boot and install on my MacBookPro, I also made a disk image of it
what I need is a way to have Unibeast look at this installation image instead of the installer in the Applications folder

True that Apple doesn't sell Mountain Lion USB as it did with Lion, but I've already bought the software from iTunes, and have the installer on a bootable USB disk, that can boot and install on my MacBookPro, I also made a disk image of it
what I need is a way to have Unibeast look at this installation image instead of the installer in the Applications folder

Ok then. Just erase the USB and run UniBeast installation. That's all.

If youve already downloaded it on your macbook, why cant you just use the normal method for creating a unibeast usb?

I've bought ML and have the receipt sent from Apple, but didn't download it, I got the USB drive from one of Apple's resellers,
I live outside the states, and my internet connection isn't fit for downloading a single 4GB file

Ok then. Just erase the USB and run UniBeast installation. That's all.

It doesn't work, this is why I'm asking if there's a way to do this

I didn't know that you don't have the installer app on the laptop. Now that I do it's different. So you have the mountain lion installer USB? When you connect the USB to the computer, it will open the installer, right? Just take a back up of the USB installer, then copy the installer app from the USB to your HD? If that works, you can erase the USB, reformat it (remember to partition as MBR!) and run UniBeast.

UniBeast ONLY works with the "Install OS X Mountain Lion.app" that is downloaded from the Mac App Store.

You need to have your reseller copy your purchased app on to a USB and then copy it to your /Applications folder and then run UniBeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back