CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
How do you create a dsdt for your computer?

I currently have an optiplex gx620..now I've had people tell me that I have to extract the original dsdt and patch it..which I don't know how to do. I've read that I can use DSDT editor which I have. I read some instructions but it doesn't make any sense to me..is there a straight forward explanation I can get for this process so I can complete my hackintosh project?

the specs for my build are:

MSI R5450-MD1GD3H/LP Radeon HD 5450 1GB 64-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Video Card

CPU TypeDualCore Intel Pentium D 820, 2800 MHz (14 x 200)

crucial 4gb kit 2-2gb 240 - pin unbuff dimm 256mx64ddr2 pc2-5300 ct3kit25664aa667

LITE-ON DVD Burner - Bulk 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM Black SATA Model iHAS124-04 - OEM

Motherboard Chipset Intel Lakeport-G i945G

Disk Drive ST31000528AS ATA Device (1000 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA-II)

Computer Type ACPI x64-based PC

Thanks for your quick response. I've looked at a few of those pages b4 and I also got stuck with most of the same problems: Not being able to boot without iboot and not getting any sound/ethernet/ect..

What I'm wondering is..do I have to have a dsdt file? and if so how to create one..

and finally, do you think it would be better if I just invest in building one from scratch using a gigabyte motherboard?

mfabsurd said:
What I'm wondering is..do I have to have a dsdt file? and if so how to create one..
It is not entirely necessary to have one, but it makes it all run much more smoothly. In short: Yes, it's better to have it.

No idea how to create a DSDT. There is a thread around this forum for this, if I remember right, just to tired to look for it, sorry. -_-

and finally, do you think it would be better if I just invest in building one from scratch using a gigabyte motherboard?
If you have the money, spare yourself any trouble and get yourself a new computer for OSX with some of the recommended hardware around. Gigabyte stuff just works the best of them all.

The time to make your Dell run flawlessly on your own from where you are, well, it's certainly possible,...but I don't think it's worth it.

Just my 2cent on this.

Thanks again for all the info.

If you don't mind, which gigabyte motherboard would recommend?
I'm looking to build a i3 or i5 system...just wondering your opinion

theres a guide on how to make your own dsdt in my signature, but your cpu isnt supported by the vanilla kernel which is why you cant boot with iboot.
you could try using iboot legacy, but seeing as how you are looking at a new build, i wouldnt bother with the dell.

the 6850 youve chosen will work, but the case/psu combo youve chosen isnt good enough to power that card as well as the rest of the system.

go for a better quality case (personal preference, but also remember that the gfx card youve chosen isnt small so youll need to get one big enough to accomodate it), and get a decent branded psu (im talking brands like ocz, corsair, antec, coolermaster, seasonic, pcp&c, etc). 500w+ would be fine. its more about the quality of the psu, and the amps on the 12v rail, than the rated wattage stated on the side of the psu, which can often be meaningless.

Thanks for the info samisnake.

As you can tell I'm a noob so thanks lol. What do you think would be a decent build for me?
I've always wanted a imac to record music and edit video. What would you recommend as a good reference to build on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back