Contribute
Register

How to Install Snow Leopard? (First time hackintosher)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77-D3H
CPU
Intel i5 3570K 3.4GHz
Graphics
Intel HD4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey everyone! Okay so I just got finished buying my parts for my FIRST EVER hackintosh:

GA-Z77-D3H
Intel i5 3450 3.1 GHz
8GB RAM

And I am about to purchase snow leopard with iLife/iWork. Eventually I'll upgrade to ML.
My question is, I know that I have to download iBoot and Multibeast, but how do I use them?

For iBoot, do I drag my OS X CD files onto the USB drive with iBoot, then boot from that?
Do I use Multibeast AFTER I install the OS, or during installation?

OH and I've heard some trouble with 1TB hard drives; I got one, so do I have to make a second partition? Could I put Windows 7 on that?

THANK YOU!

Hey everyone! Okay so I just got finished buying my parts for my FIRST EVER hackintosh:

GA-Z77-D3H
Intel i5 3450 3.1 GHz
8GB RAM

And I am about to purchase snow leopard with iLife/iWork. Eventually I'll upgrade to ML.
My question is, I know that I have to download iBoot and Multibeast, but how do I use them?

For iBoot, do I drag my OS X CD files onto the USB drive with iBoot, then boot from that?

OH and I've heard some trouble with 1TB hard drives; I got one, so do I have to make a second partition? Could I put Windows 7 on that?

THANK YOU!

I hate to rain on your parade and kill enthusiam, but you can't run Snow Leopard on Ivy Bridge hardware. There is no support in the mach_kernel of Snow Leopard for Ivy Bridge hardware and you can never boot it from the HDD.

That said, you can use iBoot Ivy Bridge to install, update to 10.6.8, log in to the app store and purchase/download OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion installer app. What you do is:
1. Install SL with iBoot Ivy+ SL retail DVD
2. At SL desktop, forget about running MultiBeast. Go straight to Apple support and download the 10.6.8 Update (combo)
3. run 10.6.8 combo updater and reboot with iBoot Ivy
4. at desktop again, click the App Store icon in the dock, log in at the App Store - if you don't have an Apple account, (you should have one) then register for one
5. Purchase and download the Install OS X Mountain Lion.app from the App Store.
6. It puts the Install..app in your app folder.
7. Download the UniBeast app from the forum downloads.
8. Format your UniBeast USB and create your UniBeast USB installer - see http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeas...-based-pc.html and install ML on your PC.

See http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/iboot-multibeast-install-mac-os-x-on.html for basic steps to install SL, substituting iBoot-Ivy-Bridge for iBoot

Also, the i5 3450 has HD2500 gfx - unsupported by OS X. You need a gfx card or an i5 3570K or i3 3225 or i7 3770 or 3770K

GA-Z77-D3H
Intel i5 3450 3.1 GHz
8GB RAM

THANK YOU!

coolblue

As G.B. has states - no support for this hardware for your intended purpose of running OSX Snow Leopard.

If that is the intent you need to have a Sandy Bridge CPU and a Mother board that has a Z68 Intel Chipset ( others work but must be check)
One area to check is the section at Tonymacx86 - look for DSDT section and find a motherboard that supports the 1155 CPU format.
Gigiabyte is the main stay of this area.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/11-dsdt-database.html

These are getting harder to find and you may need to look at Ebay.

Now as to your aspiration to use iLife / iWork - Garage Band etc - these optional software were not included w the standard Retail Package - for OSX 10.6.X ( standard shipping versions were 10.6.0 and 10.6.3)

There was a version of OSX that did include this but it was rather limited and hard to find, so do be careful about making this purchase - if you are not buying it from Apple.

Apple has released OSX Snow Leo in 106.3 form but not with the options you mention for 20 bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back