Contribute
Register

How to Install OS X Mavericks using Clover

I'm not here to pull no ones leg, The above instructions was my experience, I just got done installing 10.9.4 with clover a week ago with no audio and no where to find a very easy tutorial to solved the audio issue till I came across with this, I even did the same what the guy above did ran multi beast and came across with the same message that he came across then decide to do what I explain he to do and walla audio is on and working, maybe was a miracle of technology and Apples.

Many many thanks to The Veterant, it all worked like a charm this morning. Very happy chap.

Many many thanks to The Veterant, it all worked like a charm this morning. Very happy chap.

I'm glad to hear that, now I can said it wasn't magic from technology neither from me, it was MultiBeast doing it thing in a different way thanks to the creator of this program.

Can anyone tell me what are the true, tangible benefits of going Clover?
People keep saying its better but no one is saying how its better.
Ive heard boot times increase but really if your booting UEFI to begin with, its already fast. People say you can do software updates better, but from my experience with MB, this is already a non issue.

It seems theres much more likely to go wrong with Clover than Chimera.

Could anyone try to help me with my Clover install?
The boot process in the installer is going fine until the moment when the GUI should load, at which stage I just got a black screen and the monitor switches itself to stand by.
I tried both standard and nvidia plists (I've got a GTX 780, on a P67 Sabertooth board with 2600k CPU). My Mavericks install using Multibeast is working just fine.

Good article, but I can't boot with Full QE/CI for Intel HD graphics 4600. Anyone is having the same trouble?

I'm having a problem getting my USB installer working using Clover. I can get to the Clover boot screen (where you select a disk to boot from), however, when I try to select my USB stick to start the Mavericks installer it doesn't do anything. The mouse cursor disappears and that's it. As soon as I press a key I'm back to switching between drives again.

Any idea as to what is wrong?

I just installed Mavericks using Multibeast :) (without installing chameleon (chimera))
After that I installed Clover to the new installed System.

Installing Mavericks with Clover did not work for me either. whyever

Hi all

I've got (bought) a Clover system that has just had the audio knocked out in an iTunes update. I tried to use Multibeast to update the ALC892 driver and I get this message

There is no '/Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist' file on the target volume. Either place one there or select 'Customize > Basic Boot Options' to continue.

In that folder there I found a symbios.plist that refers to a Macmini6,2 setup.

Any help please

Thanks
dave

I had similar issues when using multibeast to install kexts with clover. I think the messages are telling you to also install these other items along with your audio driver. So if you follow the customize-->basic boot--> options it should give you the proper driver.

I used this method with my Asus Q87M-E and I had to also use my old config.plist I had working with unibeast/mb BIOS that I've been using over and over since back in 9.0.2 with clover and UEFI.

Everything still works, although sleep still doesn't. Not sure if anyone has sleep working. I know I haven't since starting way back on 10.6.3 and several motherboards.

Anyways, just follow multi-beast to the letter and it should work. also, make backups just in case.

Can anyone tell me what are the true, tangible benefits of going Clover?
People keep saying its better but no one is saying how its better.
Ive heard boot times increase but really if your booting UEFI to begin with, its already fast. People say you can do software updates better, but from my experience with MB, this is already a non issue.

It seems theres much more likely to go wrong with Clover than Chimera.
With clover, if you know exactly how to configure it, you can create an almost vanilla mac: that just runs. In regards to the UEFI part, chimera is a BIOS based bootloader; it can't load UEFI based operating systems (which mac is). Instead, chimera boots mac as BIOS and emulates the process to trick it into thinking its UEFI. But with clover it is completely native, plus the added benefit of being able to boot UEFI windows like windows 8.

If there was more documentation on Clover, I bet it would be very widespread, instead of a mystery.

Back