Contribute
Register

How to install macOS on HP ProBook 430 G6?

Motherboard
HP ProBook 430 G6
CPU
i3-8145U
Graphics
Intel > Need model number > See Forum Rules!
My laptop is with i3-8145U CPU and can't find any prebuild EFI that work on it... I tried with Big Sur, Monterey and Ventura, but installation stuck at some point or reboot.

My laptop is with i3-8145U CPU and can't find any prebuild EFI that work on it... I tried with Big Sur, Monterey and Ventura, but installation stuck at some point or reboot.

Can you help me to find EFI for Catalina for my laptop. I tried with some EFI-s but they are for Big Sur, Monterey or Ventura and I tried to enable XhciPortLimit and disable USBPorts.kext in order to use with Catalina, but installer reboot the system after few seconds.

Can you help me to find EFI for Catalina for my laptop. I tried with some EFI-s but they are for Big Sur, Monterey or Ventura and I tried to enable XhciPortLimit and disable USBPorts.kext in order to use with Catalina, but installer reboot the system after few seconds.
already gave you the link above for the guide, files are in post 1, then read post 2 for the needed changes to make

already gave you the link above for the guide, files are in post 1, then read post 2 for the needed changes to make
I download your EFI and make changes from second post, nut still system restarts after some seconds. This is my current EFI:

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 88
I download your EFI and make changes from second post, nut still system restarts after some seconds. This is my current EFI:
you need to read post 1 and 2 and make the needed changes

also this efi is for Catalina

and you need to reset nvram when you make any changes to your efi

you need to read post 1 and 2 and make the needed changes

also this efi is for Catalina

and you need to reset nvram when you make any changes to your efi
yes, I read post 1 and 2 and make changes for HP laptops and for my CPU, and I try with Catalina installer, but still no luck. I will try to reset nvram to see if something changes.

yes, I read post 1 and 2 and make changes for HP laptops and for my CPU, and I try with Catalina installer, but still no luck. I will try to reset nvram to see if something changes.
I doubt you have:
Code:
<key>model</key>
                    <string>Intel HD Graphics 530</string>
I didn't check anything else

also need to see some form or error to be able to help

I will also move this thread to Catalina Laptop Support

I doubt you have:
Code:
<key>model</key>
                    <string>Intel HD Graphics 530</string>
I didn't check anything else

also need to see some form or error to be able to help

I will also move this thread to Catalina Laptop S
I add AAPL,ig-platform-id -> 00009B3E (for UHD620) as suggested in post 2.

Back