Motherboard
ASUS ZenBook UX305UA
CPU
i5 6200U 2.4 GHz/Intel Skylake-U
Graphics
Intel HD520 1920x1080
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello guys im new on this forum i would like to install El Capitan on my HP 4740s can you give me a guide how to do it? Also what wireless card i should buy i have Ralink RT3290 and it's not supported on Mac. And does my graphcis card is supported - AMD Radeon HD 7650. Thanks :)

When i searched on eBay for that wireless card in the description it says "Not for HP"(bios locked) ? Is that true or what? Also can you recommend me other wireless card(cheaper) with BT.

Not true... Seller CYA.

The 4540s has no WiFi whitelist implemented in BIOS.

Hi,

Can someone please post a detailed guide.

A managed to install the 10.11.1 but I have problems with the upper left USB port (it is not working).

Any idea on how to fix this?

Also I have a problem with the brightness shortcut key, when i press them the brightness does not adjust, it is always set on max.

10x,

Hi,

I already did a clean install following the instructions.

Every time I have the problem with the upper left usb port and the brightness stuck on max.

Is there any publicized fix?

Best regards,

If you follow the guide, brightness works. You must have made a mistake.

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc

Also, post EFI/Clover folder (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting).

Also post output of:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

If you follow the guide, brightness works. You must have made a mistake.

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc

Also, post EFI/Clover folder (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting).

Also post output of:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Hi,

This is all the data in the attach.

Please advise how we can proceed!

Best regards,

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    21.6 KB · Views: 75
  • ringov’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    1.6 MB · Views: 147
  • Macscree.tiff
    295 KB · Views: 136
Hi,

This is all the data in the attach.

No EFI/Clover folder attached. Please read carefully.

FYI: DSDT is not patched correctly. It is as if you used an old version of PBI-CE to patch it. It is causing the problem with backlight and USB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back