Graphics
Intel HD4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have just bought parts for my 1st hackingtosh and should receive them on monday.
To be a little prepared I would like to know how I make my ASUS U3S6 work under Mountain Lion 10.8?

I am aware about the SATA ports should be natively supported by the OS but the USB3 ports give a little bit of trouble.

I have found several links explaining different solutions but not sure which one to use...

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

...could also opt for the solution to have two USB3 ports unusable, as I don't yet own any USB3 products - but it would be really nice to have a fully working machine - even Apple never builds something with ports unusable so why should I?

As in USB3 ports run USB3 speed or just run (in usual USB2.0 mode)??

Thanks for the reply, been waiting for somebody to confirm a working method :)

at0mac

As to that card - the one bit of information that we cant get until the card is in your hands is what is the USB3 chipset - is it a
NEC/Renesas chipsets or the Etron Tech chipsets or the ASMedia chipsets.

The first one would be the best as this is suported under MultiBeast ....

And if they work they may work as USB2 ports and your USB3 could be non functional for now!

Also this card will need a PCI Express 4x,8x slot on the Motherboard. Suggest you use the last one to install to....

Maybe I should say that I delivered the card back, the U3S6, because it did not fit my Motherboard as soon as I mounted my big CPU cooler... Never installed it so I will not continue in this thread.

Attachments

• Capture USB3 2012-11-18.png
    Capture USB3 2012-11-18.png
    18 KB · Views: 303
  • Capture SATAIII 2012-11-18.jpg
    Capture SATAIII 2012-11-18.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 378
Don't know why it's not working on your mobo but on my Gagabyte Ex58-UD5 it' OK

Look at these captures: I have 200Mb/s in writing With my Samsung 830 SSD and 370Mb/s.reading
Ok It' not that fast as native, but Ok for me.(about twice if attached on SATA II port)
http://www.tonymacx86.com/images/attach/jpg.gif

I don't have USB3 matérial to try but it's marking Super Speed-bus
http://www.tonymacx86.com/images/attach/png.gif

Hi arobasefr,

I'm also planning to buy this card for my ga-ex58-ud5... So you only installed the PXHCD kext for USB3 support, the rest worked out of the box?

For SATA III (Marvell 91.... ) you have to install 3rd PArty SATA driver from Multibeast ML version 5.2.1 in /System/Extensions

And for shure put the U3S6 ASUS card in a PCIE-4x slot or better (I have put mine in a 16x) !

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back