Contribute
Register

HOW TO GTX460 SE WORKS PERFECT IN LION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: GTX460 SE WORKS PERFECT IN LION

cuda 4.0.21+chimera from multi beast 3.8

Yes, a guide would be good. I've also got a Q6600 and a GTX460 SE with a Asus Belencia mobo and would like to get Lion running on it.

You need to patch this file: /System/Library/Extensions/GeForceGLDriver.bundle/Contents/MacOS/GeForceGLDriver

Find

a8 83 f8 02 8b 45 f0

replace 02 with 03 to get

a8 83 f8 03 8b 45 f0

Find

ea 83 f8 02 49 8b

replace 02 with 03 to get

ea 83 f8 03 49 8b

-With an hex editor

Only fermi patch from netkas,graphics enabler=yes lastest nvidia drivers and lastest cuda.For gigabyte ep45 pciroot=1,and chimera from multibeast 3.8

pepitopito said:
Only fermi patch from netkas,graphics enabler=yes lastest nvidia drivers and lastest cuda.For gigabyte ep45 pciroot=1,and chimera from multibeast 3.8

Just to make sure, by "latest nvidia drivers," you mean the ones included with Lion, correct?

Edit 1:
Whenever the NVIDIA driver loads (NVDAGF100HAL), the graphical server/GUI doesn't. It's the 7.0.4 version that is shipped with 10.7.2, however the 7.0.2 version of the driver (10.7) did the same thing. It just sits at the end of the verbose boot-up log. (Generally at DSMOS has arrived, but occasionally my network driver will take longer to load and be the last.)

Any ideas?

Edit 2:
So I decided to test my setup with a different FERMI card that I had laying around and I get the same results, so I'm going to do some digging because it's looking like the problem might be something OTHER than my actual graphics stuff. *goes back to the drawing board*

Edit 3:
Okay, I got everything to work. It was my IOPCIFamily+AppleACPI kexts, which I replaced with the ones from Snow Leopard 10.6.7. The ones included with EasyBeast didn't work for me. I'm all good now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back