CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
RX 590
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Searched the forums but unable to find the the solution to wireless AC. I have the following kext installed.

BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext

Please move to desktop support.

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.7 KB · Views: 228
Searched the forums but unable to find the the solution to wireless AC. I have the following kext installed.

BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext

Please move to desktop support.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

I have attached the files

Attachments

• debug_19427.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 78
Your ioreg shows WiFi working. What is the issue?

Note:
Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Note: moved to desktop network support as your profile does not indicate laptop.

Wireless AC is not working. How can I figure out which kext should be installed to /L/E/? I added fakeSMC.kext but I am not sure which other kext are required.

Wireless AC is not working. How can I figure out which kext should be installed to /L/E/? I added fakeSMC.kext but I am not sure which other kext are required.

All "kexts you need" should be installed to /L/E.
config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts=Detect.

All "kexts you need" should be installed to /L/E.
config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts=Detect.

Ok. I am not sure what is needed. I installed all the kext to /L/E and it booted fine. The clover kext folder is empty. Still can't connect to Wireless AC though but I think I will just settle with the 2.4 ghz connection.

Ok. I am not sure what is needed. I installed all the kext to /L/E and it booted fine. The clover kext folder is empty.

You will need "essential kexts" in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other for updates (because updates actually run the installer) or to boot the recovery partition. For a desktop, typical essential kexts are FakeSMC.kext + an appropriate Ethernet kext. Depending on the hardware, other kexts may be considered "essential".

Still can't connect to Wireless AC though but I think I will just settle with the 2.4 ghz connection.

Country code mismatch? (typical if your networking hardware/environment is not from US/North America).

You will need "essential kexts" in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other for updates (because updates actually run the installer) or to boot the recovery partition. For a desktop, typical essential kexts are FakeSMC.kext + an appropriate Ethernet kext. Depending on the hardware, other kexts may be considered "essential".

Country code mismatch? (typical if your networking hardware/environment is not from US/North America).

I am from the USA and the hardware is from the USA (Dell 1830). Works fine in Windows.

I am from the USA and the hardware is from the USA (Dell 1830). Works fine in Windows.

Did you connect all required antennas to the antenna leads on the card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back