Contribute
Register

How to get the HWmonitor.app on my hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Mac Pro (Hackintosh)
CPU
Intel 3770k
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 670
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I need someway to track my CPU usage and temperatures and I saw that the HWmonitor is the way to go.

However, when I installed Multibeast the first time, I checked UserDSDT or DSDT-Free installation. After that I did not check FakeSMC or its plugins. In order to get the HWmonitor app should I run Multibeast and just check FakeSMC plugins, or both FakeSMC and the FakeSMC plugins?

I just want to double check so I do not get a kernel panic! Already had too many of those damn things when I was first installing.

Thanks,

Smores

So I need someway to track my CPU usage and temperatures and I saw that the HWmonitor is the way to go.

However, when I installed Multibeast the first time, I checked UserDSDT or DSDT-Free installation. After that I did not check FakeSMC or its plugins. In order to get the HWmonitor app should I run Multibeast and just check FakeSMC plugins, or both FakeSMC and the FakeSMC plugins?

I just want to double check so I do not get a kernel panic! Already had too many of those damn things when I was first installing.

Thanks,

Smores

You need to install FakeSMC + PlugIns for HwMonitor... You already have FakeSMC, but you want to be sure your FakeSMC and the PlugIns match.

You need to install FakeSMC + PlugIns for HwMonitor... You already have FakeSMC, but you want to be sure your FakeSMC and the PlugIns match.

Okay thanks! I just realized the last time I installed FakeSMC + PlugIns and got a kernel panic was because I also changed the system definition to Mac Pro 5,1. The change in system definition is what was causing the panic.

It worked, thank you very much.

When i start hwm nothing happens..

No menu bar icons, no dock icons.
I see the the app at activity monitor..But thats all
i have installed tha latest fakesmc and hwm app and plugins..
What am i doing wrong?

Edit: Ok.. silly me..
My bar was black and so was the hwm icon so i missed it..
sry ....

When i start hwm nothing happens..

No menu bar icons, no dock icons.
I see the the app at activity monitor..But thats all
i have installed tha latest fakesmc and hwm app and plugins..
What am i doing wrong?

Edit: Ok.. silly me..
My bar was black and so was the hwm icon so i missed it..
sry ....

Ah man thanks for writing this, had same issue!

hwmonitor-invisible-icon.png

THere's actually a setting where you can use inverted colors;
invert-colors.png
Here you go

result.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back