Contribute
Register

How to get Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+ 4GB almost fully working with High Sierra 10.13.2 - Even HDMI audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are not familiar with custom SSDT, your better off installing latest Lilu.kext with Whatevergreen kext (which will workout what to patch and e.g. get your HDMI audio working which is broken according to your IOREG).

Released Mojave has taken RX580 backwards (for encode/decode functions) but can be botched to make it work,
To enable encode/decode see this post (install dummy141.kext).
Ok l don’t need hdmi audio or encoding at the moment.
Will adding lilu etc improve the performance or anything else besides hdmi audio ?
Why is radeondeinit no longer needed?

Ok l don’t need hdmi audio or encoding at the moment.
Will adding lilu etc improve the performance or anything else besides hdmi audio ?
Why is radeondeinit no longer needed?
Lilu + Whatevergreen helps with getting right ports working on the GPU, help with iTunes/DRM issues, enable HDMI audio, etc. See the whatevergreen GitHub for more info. They are strictly don't needed. I only use Lilu+AppleALC.

RadeonDeInit function is now part of macOS.

Lilu + Whatevergreen helps with getting right ports working on the GPU, help with iTunes/DRM issues, enable HDMI audio, etc. See the whatevergreen GitHub for more info. They are strictly don't needed. I only use Lilu+AppleALC.
On facebook someone told me that he have encoding and hdmi audio working without any patch or lilu with his asus rx580.

Ahh , nice to know !

On facebook someone told me that he have encoding and hdmi audio working without any patch or lilu with his asus rx580.
Maybe he can join the forums here and share his wisdom.
You can get HDMI audio working without Lilu (using clover or SSDT injection).

Maybe he can join the forums here and share his wisdom.
You can get HDMI audio working without Lilu (using clover or SSDT injection).
He told me that he did nothing :)

Hey guys im running ga270mx 7700k with 16gb ram and a evga gtx1070. I would like to swap out the 1070 for my sapphire nitro+ rx580. I have an extra drive i cant get past apple logo when i boot how would i go about doing that?

Hello dude, i am helping a friend who have a HP Z800 and a Sapphire Radeon RX 580 Nitro+ 8 Go but we have some problem to get everything working like all video ports, 3 third screens, H264 encoding under 10.13.6.
Can you help me to make the SSDT because I have tried several configurations with lilu/whatevergreen, clover changes etc....
The EFI is based on this EFI from this forum :
I link you what I have.

Thank you.

Attachments

• EFIZ800.zip
    23.5 MB · Views: 91
on what depends the ability to encoder hevc h265 ?
According to teh following video it should be possible to get h264 & h265 encoding the vanilla way :

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back