Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7 2600K
Graphics
GTX 770
When I was trying to fix some problems I was having, I installed Clover over my Chimera install.

Big mistake.

I could never get it to boot, and I finally gave up and tried to go back to Chimera. That took a LONG time to figure out, but I finally got my machine to the point where I can boot using Chimera - but ONLY if I enter the BIOS and choose my boot drive as P0 (not UEFI). Also, the option to set P0 as a boot device is gone - it's only available in the boot override menu.

I've used Clover's "remove" option, but it still must have some vestige stored on my boot drive, because if I boot without choosing P0, I get the Clover menu - with no bootable partitions showing.

How do I get rid of the darn thing, so I'm able to boot without going into the BIOS?

Mount your EFI partition and delete the EFI folder.

Mount your EFI partition and delete the EFI folder.

As far as I can tell, it's gone...
No EFI partition shows up in Disk Utility.

And when I boot, the Clover menu only shows the "utilities" - no bootable partitions appear.

I still have an EFI folder at the root level on my boot drive - that's can't be the problem, can it?

Well, I enabled debug in Disk Utility, and sure enough - it's there.

So, how do I delete it? The EFI partition is greyed out.

Do I have to boot from another disk?

Just delete your clover folder dude. Why are you deleting clover lol? It is a phenominal tool. Superior to legacy boot loaders.

I could NOT get it to boot my machine - it kept failing with "unable to allocate xxx pages" of memory.

As far as I could tell, all the correct drivers were installed.

I'd be willing to try it again, but maybe on my next build, when I have a backup machine to do actual work on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back