Contribute
Register

How to get older versions of Yosemite like 10.10.1 , 10.10.2 for the Unibeast method

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H
CPU
E3-1230v3
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Windows Phone
Hi Guys is there any of you that is having backups of the Mac OSX 10.10.1 that will work with UNIBEAST as

i think will be good idea to keep such backups because of your hardware have problems with one of the versions better to have it handy to make clean installs later if needed and BTW will such OSX apps files work with UNIBEAST at all .

Thanks

It is only possible to download the latest most current version from the Mac App Store. Once there is a new version available then that is what Apple offer for download. Generally newer versions are much better and have a number of improvements.

If you have already downloaded an earlier version and it is still in your Applications folder then you are able to zip it to prevent the application from becoming corrupted.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/unibeast/144899-unibeast-5-troubleshooting-notes.html

Why use an older version, when Apple have improved the stability in a number of key areas? 10.10.5 will be the final Yosemite version available - it is available now and is much better than the earlier versions.

Hi Adrian B

As TonyMac states Apple tighten the control more and more and for example incompatibility with older hardware. I'm pretty sure in this forum there are people that having problems with the current version of Yosemite. I agree that the newest versions should be better, but better for who the owners of the current Buyer'Guide or people like me who both the components 2 years ago when the buyer's guide was different.2 Years ago my hackintosh was rolling without a hitch now I can even boot the F***** intsller of 10.10.5. Of course I could be the only person in this forum having such issues but you got the point.

In that matter I think there should be e some kind of Archive(as you do have for all of the Unibeast multibeast etc.) to be able to use older versions of OSX. Old hardware maybe not supported by the current version and the other way around. It is giving people more freedom and I think people are here in this forum because they love not to be restricted they love freedom.

Well this is my point of view. Because with this updates it's like there is no going back, which makes me think that , I still feel the Apple rule :D

thanks mate
Cheers

Hi Adrian B

As TonyMac states Apple tighten the control more and more and for example incompatibility with older hardware.

I am not seeing this picture at all - in fact I am running OS X on old socket 775, 1155 and newer 1150 hardware. I think that your issues probably revolve around using a processor that Apple do not with unsupported graphics. Also the GTX 960 GPU requires additional nVidia drivers because Apple support for nVidia has not changed since Mountain Lion - 2 years ago!

I would suggest the addition of a cheap basic GPU like an 8400 GT. Use IGPEnaber=No GraphicsEnabler=Yes as bootflags to see if you have better luck. At the very least add IGPEnabler=No to your current build bootflags.

I'm pretty sure in this forum there are people that having problems with the current version of Yosemite. I agree that the newest versions should be better, but better for who the owners of the current Buyer'Guide or people like me who both the components 2 years ago when the buyer's guide was different

Both. Your stuff is still brand new in my book. :thumbup: Hacking OS X to run on pc hardware requires persistence, time, backups and sometimes failure.

.2 Years ago my hackintosh was rolling without a hitch now I can even boot the F***** intsller of 10.10.5. Of course I could be the only person in this forum having such issues but you got the point.

Try opening a new thread in desktop support if you cannot find the answer using search. Boot using -v to get verbose boot screen that you can upload a picture where things get stuck.

In that matter I think there should be e some kind of Archive(as you do have for all of the Unibeast multibeast etc.) to be able to use older versions of OSX. Old hardware maybe not supported by the current version and the other way around. It is giving people more freedom and I think people are here in this forum because they love not to be restricted they love freedom.

Piracy is illegal and so is file sharing. We live in an age where we download things direct from the web, we have no DVD or CD installer to fall back on. That is why people back up valuable data, clone working drives to test updates. Once a download link goes then so does the ability to download that item - its the way the internet works.

Well this is my point of view. Because with this updates it's like there is no going back, which makes me think that , I still feel the Apple rule :D

Once a application is considered obsolete it gets replaced - the world moves quickly- backup anything that you feel worth keeping. Do you still have your original uniBeast created installer?

I am not seeing this picture at all - in fact I am running OS X on old socket 775, 1155 and newer 1150 hardware. I think that your issues probably revolve around using a processor that Apple do not with unsupported graphics. Also the GTX 960 GPU requires additional nVidia drivers because Apple support for nVidia has not changed since Mountain Lion - 2 years ago!

I would suggest the addition of a cheap basic GPU like an 8400 GT. Use IGPEnaber=No GraphicsEnabler=Yes as bootflags to see if you have better luck. At the very least add IGPEnabler=No to your current build bootflags.

Both. Your stuff is still brand new in my book. :thumbup: Hacking OS X to run on pc hardware requires persistence, time, backups and sometimes failure.

Try opening a new thread in desktop support if you cannot find the answer using search. Boot using -v to get verbose boot screen that you can upload a picture where things get stuck.

Piracy is illegal and so is file sharing. We live in an age where we download things direct from the web, we have no DVD or CD installer to fall back on. That is why people back up valuable data, clone working drives to test updates. Once a download link goes then so does the ability to download that item - its the way the internet works.

Once a application is considered obsolete it gets replaced - the world moves quickly- backup anything that you feel worth keeping. Do you still have your original uniBeast created installer?
Ok Adrian

thank you for your answer I'll post screenshot of the verbose boot.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back