Gigabyte Z270N-WiFi
CPU
Intel Corei5 - 7500 LGA1151
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there,

I am fairly new to this Hackintosh thing, and I want to try this on my newly configured PC.
Also I am not sure, if my topic is in the right forum section, sorry.

My story:
I currently have a MacBookPro2,2 Model Number A1211 running Mac OSX Lion 10.7.5.
Since I can't use the latest MacOS (Sierra) I built a new PC with the following pieces:
- Gigabyte Z270N-WiFi
- Core i5-7500 LGA1151
- RAM: 2 x 8GB: Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 (DDR4 3000MHz)
- Samsung 850 Evo - 500GB

Now my questions:
- Can I just run unibeast 7 and choose somehow the macosupdcombo10.12.3.dmg file to create the USB?
- Or do I need to firstly install OS Lion of my current MBP to the Hackintosh using unibeast 5? And then upgrade on my Hackintosh?
I don't have the 10.7.5 installation files anymore of my current MBP. How can I create them again?
- I want to run Windows 10 as well. Is it ok to just partition the EVO SSD in half, or is there good arguments to put both OS on different HDD/SSD?

Thanks guys for your guidance :)

Lion is as far as you can upgrade that late 2006 MBP - 10.8 Mountain Lion minimum is MBP3,1
Go to App Store, select Purchased tab. Lion should be available for you to download.
Use UniBeast to create a Lion installation USB.
Install Lion to new hardware (forget MultiBeast and installing boot loader on Z270 for Lion - there is no kernel support for it).
Go to the App Store and download Sierra. Use latest UniBeast to create a Sierra installation USB and install Sierra.

Thank you for your advice. I just created my first Unibeast 5.2.0 USB with OSX-Lion. It went pretty easy. I am very proud :)
When I start my PC with the created USB though, I just see the grey apple Logo on white background. It appears shortly and than it goes away.

Is there a log-file or something, that I can see at which step of booting it went wrong?
Maybe it is not working because of the mentioned "no kernel support" for Z270 Machines?

What possibilities do I have?

Thank you for your advice. I just created my first Unibeast 5.2.0 USB with OSX-Lion. It went pretty easy. I am very proud :)
When I start my PC with the created USB though, I just see the grey apple Logo on white background. It appears shortly and than it goes away.

Is there a log-file or something, that I can see at which step of booting it went wrong?
Maybe it is not working because of the mentioned "no kernel support" for Z270 Machines?

What possibilities do I have?
At the Chimera screen hit the down arrow once to stop the timea and then a couple more times until boot Verbose is hilited, then hit enter to boot. Take pic of screen when the boot process stops and post it. (drag & drop pic into your reply window)
You may need additional boot-args to enable you to boot on Kaby Lake hardware - remember it is not supported or used in any Apple Mac yet.

Only some pictures. I couldn't pause so I took pictures out of the video file I took. Unfortunately the picture are not in order.
IMG_5058.PNG
IMG_5041.JPG IMG_5042.JPG IMG_5043.JPG IMG_5044.JPG IMG_5045.JPG IMG_5046.JPG IMG_5047.JPG IMG_5048.JPG IMG_5049.JPG IMG_5050.JPG IMG_5051.JPG IMG_5052.JPG IMG_5053.JPG IMG_5054.JPG IMG_5058.PNG

At the Chimera screen hit the down arrow once to stop the timea and then a couple more times until boot Verbose is hilited, then hit enter to boot. Take pic of screen when the boot process stops and post it. (drag & drop pic into your reply window)
You may need additional boot-args to enable you to boot on Kaby Lake hardware - remember it is not supported or used in any Apple Mac yet.

The first picture is the last message of the system before rebooting again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back