Graphics
AMD Radeon HD 6850
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Windows Phone
My audio works and everything else is great with the help of custombeast I just can't seem to get my mic to work. I plugged one in but nothing happens.

Did you select the right input in System Preferebces->Audio?

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2011-10-10 um 20.54.29.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2011-10-10 um 20.54.29.png
    66.9 KB · Views: 148
karacho said:
Did you select the right input in System Preferebces->Audio?

I am not sure because I use an external mic that I plug in into the microphone jack and on that list it only has internal microphone.

That microphone jack where you plugged in your Mic is the internal connector. As you can see on my screenshot i've select it and my Mic works fine. I use an Headset connected at the Frontpanel. I can use the Mic from my webcam also if i select "Trust 2MP Auto Focus Webcam" in Audio preferences

karacho said:
That microphone jack where you plugged in your Mic is the internal connector. As you can see on my screenshot i've select it and my Mic works fine. I use an Headset connected at the Frontpanel. I can use the Mic from my webcam also if i select "Trust 2MP Auto Focus Webcam" in Audio preferences

I am trying to get my mic to work so I can chat on Google plus, I don't have a webcam yet. I'll attach a screenshot... help?

Attachments

• audio.png
    audio.png
    56.2 KB · Views: 135
If it not work with that settings, there are 5 possible errors.
1. Connected to the wrong jack (if Mic is connected on the rear side)
2. Jack cable not or not properly connected to the Mainboard (if Mic is connected on the Frontside)
3. most Mic have a On/Off switch...control this
4. Wrong Audio kext installed
5. or an no proper edited DSDT installed

I found only my rear ports were the only ones working on mine and not the front ports.

I am waiting for a creative Web cam and built in mic to be delivered so i wll let you know the outcome but i had to change it to get seamless communications from the PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back