Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z68A-GD65
CPU
i3-2105
Graphics
GT 210
I built a Snow Leopard machine several years ago with the idea that I would upgrade the CPU (i3-2105) in a few years. It's been a few years and I want to upgrade the OS while I'm at it. I have some software that doesn't work on anything newer than 10.9. The easy solution here is to install Mavericks and be done. But it isn't in the app store anymore.

[stuff edited to comply with board rules] What do I need to do to get Mavericks?

Thanks,
Phillip

Last edited:
Ebay has USB sticks for sale with the recovery version on a bootable flash drive
The mere mention of these can get your account banned here :
The Rules said:
This site does not condone piracy or the use of illegally acquired software. Any use, discussion, links to or mentions of a pre-built VM, torrent, distribution, downloaded, copied, cloned, hacked or modified installer of the operating system will result in an instant ban and account deletion. Piracy is ILLEGAL and NOT TOLERATED

What do I need to do to get Mavericks?
The bottom line is that it is only available in the App Store to those who have previously 'purchased' it.
If you have then it will be in the 'Purchased' page in the App Store app.

Last edited:
The mere mention of these can get your account banned here :

The bottom line is that it is only available in the App Store to those who have previously 'purchased' it.
If you have then it will be in the 'Purchased' page in the App Store app.

Thanks for the heads up on the board rules :)

So I will need to find someone who has already downloaded it from the App Store and have them download it for me?

So I will need to find someone who has already downloaded it from the App Store and have them download it for me?
And how would that not be piracy ?

If somebody downloads it and sells it to you on eBay it is piracy.
If somebody downloads it and just gives it to you it is still piracy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back