Contribute
Register

how to get intel hd3000 in mac with gpu plugged in

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a powercolor 6870 which works perfectly in lion; however I have to send the card back for repair as it's defective. When I switch over to HD3000 graphics (i have to do this in bios) with the card installed, windows works fine but lion either freezes at gray screen or kernel panics depending on graphicsenabler (=yes/=no, respectively). I think OSX may not like having 2 different adapters installed concurrently, not sure if there's any way around this. If anyone else has any input it would be greatly appreciated!

lpranal said:
I have a powercolor 6870 which works perfectly in lion; however I have to send the card back for repair as it's defective. When I switch over to HD3000 graphics (i have to do this in bios) with the card installed, windows works fine but lion either freezes at gray screen or kernel panics depending on graphicsenabler (=yes/=no, respectively). I think OSX may not like having 2 different adapters installed concurrently, not sure if there's any way around this. If anyone else has any input it would be greatly appreciated!

You would need to install the Mac mini 5,1 system definition - available in MultiBeast 4.0: Lion Edition for HD3000 to work properly.

Not sure if you've done that.

I have not; i actually set up my system as a mac pro 3,1. Can I just run multibeast again, and only install the mac mini system definition? Will that "uninstall" the mac pro definition, or is it just like changing a flag in the chameleon config file?

lpranal said:
I have not; i actually set up my system as a mac pro 3,1. Can I just run multibeast again, and only install the mac mini system definition? Will that "uninstall" the mac pro definition, or is it just like changing a flag in the chameleon config file?

Delete it manually from /Extra and install the correct one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back