Graphics
HD4600 and GTX 760
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I would love to be able to use Audio through HDMI if it is possible. I have an ATI Radeon 5870 GPU that I am connecting to with HDMI to my Asus VE278H Monitor. The monitor has built in speakers which I would like to use rather than external speakers. There is a speaker out cable going from the monitor to my Motherboard, but that is not working. I am running Mountain Lion 10.8.3. If someone could point me in the right direction or to another similar thread that would be great. Thanks.

I would love to be able to use Audio through HDMI if it is possible. I have an ATI Radeon 5870 GPU that I am connecting to with HDMI to my Asus VE278H Monitor. The monitor has built in speakers which I would like to use rather than external speakers. There is a speaker out cable going from the monitor to my Motherboard, but that is not working. I am running Mountain Lion 10.8.3. If someone could point me in the right direction or to another similar thread that would be great. Thanks.

HDMI AUDIO : http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/106223-ml-uefi-hdmi-audio-no-dsdt-edits.html

Adrian B

Is this (see below) how I should go about it. I am still finding all of this hard to work through without messing up my system. I will keep reading to try and understand better. Appreciate the help.

HDMI Audio

Assuming you have installed the dsdt for your motherboard from tonymacx86 - DSDT Database

1. Make a bootable backup.
2. See Mountain Lion HDMI Audio - Award DSDT
3. Download ML_5-Series_Award_hdmi_audio_dsdt_editing_kit
4. See -Read_me_first for install details
5. MaciASL/Open dsdt.aml
6. Use the patch file as is.
7. Patch/Open hdmi_audio_ami_bios_hd3000.txt. Apply, Compile
8. Save, Install, Restart.

Your 5870 may require framebuffer edits for HDMI audio, see Mountain Lion HDMI Audio - Kext Edits in Post #1 of the thread linked above.

Is this (see below) how I should go about it. I am still finding all of this hard to work through without messing up my system. I will keep reading to try and understand better. Appreciate the help.

HDMI Audio

Assuming you have installed the dsdt for your motherboard from tonymacx86 - DSDT Database

5. MaciASL/Open dsdt.aml

Your 5870 may require framebuffer edits for HDMI audio, see Mountain Lion HDMI Audio - Kext Edits in Post #1 of the thread linked above.

I have a confession to make - I have not tried to get HDMI audio working as yet, its one of those things that does not really matter for me at the moment.
Give it a try - if you run into difficulty then explain to toleda on that thread, what you have tried and ask where you have gone wrong.

Adrian B

The guide has been updated. see 5 Series MB dsdt edits - Desktop in Mountain Lion HDMI Audio - Award DSDT. Use MaciASL/Patch/hdmi_5series/Award-BIOS-AMD-Nvidia-5_Series-A1.

Toleda and Adrian B - Thanks for your help. I just don't feel like I am truly grasping the exact steps I need to take. Are the below instructions still accurate, but just using the updated 5 Series MB dsdt edits - Desktop in Mountain Lion HDMI Audio - Award DSDT? After completing this my DSDT File had a dsl extension at the end of it, which I changed to .aml. Then do I place this in the extra folder replacing the current DSDT file. After doing this I get an EBIOS error and the system starts into safe mode and my mouse is just frozen. I have recovered back to a usable system. I am sorry if I am asking dumb questions. I think this is juts more complex and I am not understanding what steps to perform.

5. MaciASL/Open dsdt.aml

I am trying and following the steps, but when I go to Audio outputs the only thing left is Apple TV and the rest are gone. I am going to have to go to the beginning and read carefully every step. Thanks for the help.

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately I cannot pull this off and will just have to use my speakers without HDMI Audio.

If someone is willing to help me in more detail I think I can get this done. I just don't get what steps I need to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back