Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
This issue comes up alot about people not able to use multiple screens with there 6870, this worked for me.

two files attached in zip folder, a .Kext and instructions.

this worked beautifully for me, im able to use my HDMI, may work for other models of graphics cards too of the 6000 series.

Before you go ahead my setup is

running OSX Lion 10.7.3 (not sure about this working for other versions, but cant see why not)
P8P67 Deluxe
i7 2600k
Graphics 6870

(cant see the motherboard and processor your using effecting the operation of this Kext so not to worry if yours is not the same.

my org.chameleon.boot.plist looks like this as its the top bit you only need.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x2000 darkwake=0</string>
<key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>Duckweed</string>
<key>AtiPorts</key>
<string>4</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

not the same as the one in the attached just incase you wanted to know.

But hope this helps anybody who is stuck. (it shouldn't bugger anything up, but if it does, not my fault)

Phil

Attachments

• Sapphire 4-Port Duckweed 6870 kext 10.7.3.zip
    239.5 KB · Views: 97
Phil - I have your kext loaded and running DVI and HDMI smoothy with no problem noticed in about three hours. My card is the Sapphire Radeon HD6870 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E DL-DVI-I+SL-DV!-D/HDMI/DP PN 299-3E174-430SA running in a Zotac H67ITX-C-E motherboard with a i7 2600k and 8GB memory.

Running 10.7.3 without a DSDT.aml and with this as the boot.plist contents:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x2000 darkwake=0</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>Duckweed</string>
<key>AtiPorts</key>
<string>4</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

This is a new GPU card for me and I was having cusor lagging problems. Looks good now.

Thank you
neil

Phil - more good news. I had the time this evening and found that I can run 3 displays concurrently (expanded desktop).

I have HDMI outputing to a HDTV at 1920 x 1200 x 32 and Display port through an active adapter to a DVI display at 1920 x 1200 x 32 and the DVI-D port outputing to a DVI display at 1600 x 1200 x 32.

This is with translucent top menu bar, wave effect on Dashboard widget loading and each display has adjustable resolution.

neil

Philip

What 6870 card do you have exactly?
I have the Sapphire HD6870, this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sapphire-11179- ... 070&sr=8-1

After adding Duckweed the card is properly recognized as a 6870 not 6xxx.
However your kext did not work for me, but the kext from the insanelymac post you provided in the info does.

But this kext gives me laggy mouse motion even if I'm not using the HDMI :(
So I switched back to the original kext and I'm now just using the DVI-I port.

Any ideas?
I also tried to get the audio through HDMI to work but I gave up.

EDIT: Actually your kext works perfectly!
I don't know what I did the first time I tried it but it works, and no laggy mouse either.
Now to just get the audio through hdmi and I'm done!

Hi, i have exactly the same graphics card, no lagging no problems, so not sure what you did but im glad its working for you now! let us know how you get on with the audio through the HDMI as i really want to do this to but have yet to figure it out!

Neil really chuffed its working for you, as it was a pain in the backside to get hold of the information for it and nobody was willing to help so much, hopefully this thread will help many

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back