Contribute
Register

How to get airplay display working with dGPU and headless model

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS with IGPU disabled, latest WEG and Lilu, no shiki settings. Stuff like Airplay, AppleTV+, iTunes etc. is working like a charm, but if I open Netflix or Plex in Safari, the whole System freezes before the page is loaded complete. I can still login via SSH, but the desktop is completely dead. System Specs in signature (i7-8700k, RX570). Any ideas?

cheers,
Ole

disable on Bios(uefi) igpu auto or disable. airplay only work audio and apps not work mode desktop.
bootflags shikigva=256 work video drm
if you want use airplay desktop enable IGPU but video drm keeping off
await it understand my English

Last edited:
hi oklhost, i have the same issue, did you solve it?

I use iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS with IGPU disabled, latest WEG and Lilu, no shiki settings. Stuff like Airplay, AppleTV+, iTunes etc. is working like a charm, but if I open Netflix or Plex in Safari, the whole System freezes before the page is loaded complete. I can still login via SSH, but the desktop is completely dead. System Specs in signature (i7-8700k, RX570).

@oklhost, @sgstefan,

As reported by the developers of Lilu & WEG there are known issues with the AMD DRM fixes/workarounds when used with certain Polaris based AMD GPU's so you are not alone with the issue. The issue is being monitored closely on the official WEG support thread where lots of users are reporting the same issue as you.

At this stage it is believed that it is due to a bug in the Apple AMD drivers rather than anything to with WEG or Lilu.

There is a rumour that the issue may have been fixed by Apple in the latest beta of 10.15.4
Your best bet is to wait and follow the development of WEG on the official thread.

You may want to post your issue with your hardware specifics to keep the devs informed.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back