Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,
Ive build my hackintosh with Clover, i7 4790k / GAZ97UD3H / EVGA GT740sc

Network setup with intel kext, audio with voodoo, video with web-drivers.
And it seems to work quite well. No weird response, except for HDMI output on the GAZ97.

My question is,
how can you test the processor and system's full capacity that go beyond the settings achieved ?

While the cpu is fully working, I understand some features may not be active because of the hack.
When I review CLOVER CONFIGURATOR option, many are still empty like RAM and many other which I absolutely don't understand.

Any ideas welcome !

Thank you

JUMA

there is absolutely no way other than use it and fix problems when it comes along. some stuff are more obvious and some aren't.

let me ask you this, if it were a Windows machine, how do you FULL TEST a build? don't think you can answer that either.

Hello,
Ive build my hackintosh with Clover, i7 4790k / GAZ97UD3H / EVGA GT740sc

Network setup with intel kext, audio with voodoo, video with web-drivers.
And it seems to work quite well. No weird response, except for HDMI output on the GAZ97.

My question is,
how can you test the processor and system's full capacity that go beyond the settings achieved ?

While the cpu is fully working, I understand some features may not be active because of the hack.
When I review CLOVER CONFIGURATOR option, many are still empty like RAM and many other which I absolutely don't understand.

Any ideas welcome !

Thank you

JUMA

Do you have native CPU PM working? Mavericks: Native CPU/IGPU Power Management

there is absolutely no way other than use it and fix problems when it comes along. some stuff are more obvious and some aren't.

let me ask you this, if it were a Windows machine, how do you FULL TEST a build? don't think you can answer that either.

Thank you for your reply !
In the case of a Windows PC, it's just a matter of installing the Windows OS (made for PC) and check the proper driver installation on the computer properties. Some software will also let you test and improve the setup.

The OSX over PC CPU is a different matter, in fact, it's a "hack".
This hack has been very well developed during last years.
You have pre and post installers to "make it work", its a whole new level of detail where you don't just follow menu options, but you have to actually investigate and do little and major changes to the build.

So, some details may be hidden in the process, or just "quiet" until you touch them.
Those points are the difference between a purchased Apple computer and the hack.
All OSX has been programmed for the whole hardware. In the hackintosh, it's and adaptation.

:thumbup:

I also wonder what else I could do to test my hack to see if I have it working as well as it could be. I guess it's just a switch that I can't seem to turn off even if everything seems to be working fine.
Problem is most of these guides are too complicated and seems like you need a degree before you can even attempt to follow them.

Any suggestions to some beginner content on this subject?

I also wonder what else I could do to test my hack to see if I have it working as well as it could be. I guess it's just a switch that I can't seem to turn off even if everything seems to be working fine.
Problem is most of these guides are too complicated and seems like you need a degree before you can even attempt to follow them.

Any suggestions to some beginner content on this subject?

If you have time to spend, I think the best is to make a bootable "Carbon Copy" backup, so you can make all the changes you want to try, see which works and which won't, and then, if computer goes loop dead, you can go back to your backup and try again.

My build is my main cpu right now, so I'm very carefull when trying changes..

Good luck !!

Thats a good idea I have a HDD that is supposed to be for storage I could use to install the copy and mess around there.

Thanks for the tip :thumbup:

Thank you for your reply !
In the case of a Windows PC, it's just a matter of installing the Windows OS (made for PC) and check the proper driver installation on the computer properties. Some software will also let you test and improve the setup.

you're pretty much assuming the drivers work 100% in that scenario, which is not always the case. also same thing in windows, there are lots of drivers and system apps that you think you don't need but ended up you do later on after seeing oddities. same thing here really.

i recently have a scenario where turned out the USB3 ports don't work with USB2 mass storage devices and didn't notice until i removed the external USB3 hub (solution: use DSDT). now how are you going to know and test THAT in advance w/o actually run into the problem? also different motherboards and configurations come with their own set of potential "problems". not all setups are the same.

at the most, i'd suggest you search other posts with your motherboard and see what kind of problem people run into with it. but technically speaking, don't LOOK FOR problems. deal with it when it comes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back