i7 3770K
Graphics
HD4000 - Apple Thunderbolt
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
A friend of mine installed OS X Mountain Lion on the required hacintosh hardware for me and let me finish up, I'm a Mac newbie.
I installed the hardware into a case, created an admin account and configured the system.
When I was ready I noticed an iTunes update and foolishly clicked on install.....

After the mandatory boot the system boots but fails to show the login screen, reporting I should power down and restart.
I can't get the system working again.
I figure I need to do some post-installation, but to be able to do that I need to somehow run or boot Multibeast.
Can anybody shed some light?

Do you have a Unibeast USB drive to boot from?

I read your post quoted next. You seem to have tried every approach to creating your Unibeast drive, with perhaps one exception. Could it be that the 24.1 MB "Install OS X Mountain Lion.app" is corrupt? Can you re-download it via the App Store?
I had this problem a year ago with 10.7 Lion. Finally a fresh download of the Installer worked. (After that I made *two* Unibeast USB sticks, because I realized how crucial having one is.)

" GBZ77 - January 31st, 2013, 03:32 PM

I have the same problem as mickyaficky. I carefully formatted an 8,4 GB USB stick as described in http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeas...-based-pc.html on a Mac with Dutch language setting.
I have a Dutch install "Install OS X Mountain Lion.app" sized 24.1 Mb
After I start Unibeast and select the 8,4 GB USB drive.
Unibeast reports to use 7,8 MB
I don't install extra support and click install, enter the admin password and installation starts.
It reports that it starts configuring and writes files, but the the install aborts with the error message " The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance." There is no other failure reporting as far as I can find.

Could it be caused by using a Dutch language Mac, or Dutch OS X Mountain Lion?
That sould not be the issue since I know for sure that others have used the same install.
I have tried multiple USB sticks, all with the same result.
Any help very much appreciated... "

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back