Contribute
Register

How to fix iMessage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks so much! Great

Awesome, thanks Stork for the information. For the people it wasn't working for sorry! I just tried this on my build and it worked, but may not for others.

Please fill out your Profile and signature block per the tonymacx86 Forum Rules & Policies. By doing so, you help us help you better. :thumbup:

In the Profile,
System = motherboard make/mode #
CPU = i3/i5/i7 with the dash model #
Graphics = graphics card model or Intel Integrated Graphics level (e.g., HD4000)​

TIA.

Sorry about that, I've updated my system settings now.

There's an easier way to do this. I'm assuming you've run MultiBeast and chose "UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installer" etc., and you are booting into Mountain Lion successfully.

Download load FileNVRAM v1.1.2 (not v1.1.3) from here: http://public.xzenue.com/downloads/

Open the /Extra/Modules/ folder and put the FileNVRAM file into the Modules folder. (If there is a FileNVRAM in the Modules folder, delete it and put in the FileNVRAM you just downloaded.)

Reboot. Upon reaching the Chimera boot screen, tap the keyboard's Spacebar. That will stop the auto booting into OS X on your drive. Chimera screen will now show the bootable operating systems. (I assume you just have one, and it is highlighting the OS X drive.)

Tap the Spacebar again and type in "UseKernelCache=No" w/o the quotes in the screen's window and hit return to boot.

This is all it took me to get iMessages working.

Thank you Stork! This is all that it took me to get up and running again as well!

Hopefully NVRam is included in the auto installs for MB going forward so we don't have to do this one extra step. I didn't have any NVRam file in my modules folder after installing on a clean install from MB 5.5.2

Is google down?

With the effort it took to exert your snark you could have pointed him in the right direction.

I had the same question and someone was considerate enough to let me know to check the beginning (specifically page 3 for me) of the MultiBeast pdf or guide on website to find out exactly what was installed (if you used the multibeast solution). Per Stork's recommendation, however, there is an easier method. Read his post to give that a shot.

With the effort it took to exert your snark you could have pointed him in the right direction.

It is the first result from a google search. Sorry, but there is "lazy," and then there's "insanely lazy."

I had the same question and someone was considerate enough to let me know to check the beginning (specifically page 3 for me) of the MultiBeast pdf or guide on website to find out exactly what was installed (if you used the multibeast solution). Per Stork's recommendation, however, there is an easier method. Read his post to give that a shot.
well i have now tired both, the wizard stops my machine from booting and the fix that storks doesnt work either. i can enter my info but when i go to select how people can sent me msgs i cant tick the options. so no idea what to do now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back