2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Recently I got REALLY pissed at iMessage not working on my 10.8.5 hackintosh and after playing with chameleon wizard I seem to have gotten it to work for me.

1) Open Chameleon Wizard and update your boot loader.
2) Reboot.
3) Open Chameleon Wizard, go to modules, and check FileNVRam.
4) Reboot.
5) Fixed.
6) Enjoy! :headbang:

This worked for me, not guaranteed to work for you! I haven't seen any tutorials that worked for me so I figured I would post it here eh?

Thanks alot man, this worked perfectly!!!

Nice and easy ...

Recently I got REALLY pissed at iMessage not working on my 10.8.5 hackintosh and after playing with chameleon wizard I seem to have gotten it to work for me.

1) Open Chameleon Wizard and update your boot loader.
2) Reboot.
3) Open Chameleon Wizard, go to modules, and check FileNVRam.
4) Reboot.
5) Fixed.
6) Enjoy! :headbang:

This worked for me, not guaranteed to work for you! I haven't seen any tutorials that worked for me so I figured I would post it here eh?

Well, this is a beginner's question, but if I used MultiBeast DSDT-free installation, would I need to install Chameleon wizard again or is it already enabled? Where could I find it? Thanks all.

Well, this is a beginner's question, but if I used MultiBeast DSDT-free installation, would I need to install Chameleon wizard again or is it already enabled? Where could I find it? Thanks all.

See page 3 of the MultiBeast Features document which came with MultiBeast or on MultiBeast.com. :thumbup:

See page 3 of the MultiBeast Features document which came with MultiBeast or on MultiBeast.com. :thumbup:

Okay, so I see on page three that it installs the Chameleon plist. So, my next question is, is this this the Chameleon Wizard? Basically, I'm trying to understand the context of the to-do in the beginning of this thread so that I can do it.

There's an easier way to do this. I'm assuming you've run MultiBeast and chose "UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installer" etc., and you are booting into Mountain Lion successfully.

Download load FileNVRAM v1.1.2 (not v1.1.3) from here: http://public.xzenue.com/downloads/

Open the /Extra/Modules/ folder and put the FileNVRAM file into the Modules folder. (If there is a FileNVRAM in the Modules folder, delete it and put in the FileNVRAM you just downloaded.)

Reboot. Upon reaching the Chimera boot screen, tap the keyboard's Spacebar. That will stop the auto booting into OS X on your drive. Chimera screen will now show the bootable operating systems. (I assume you just have one, and it is highlighting the OS X drive.)

Tap the Spacebar again and type in "UseKernelCache=No" w/o the quotes in the screen's window and hit return to boot.

This is all it took me to get iMessages working.

There's an easier way to do this. I'm assuming you've run MultiBeast and chose "UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installer" etc., and you are booting into Mountain Lion successfully.

Download load FileNVRAM v1.1.2 (not v1.1.3) from here: http://public.xzenue.com/downloads/

Open the /Extra/Modules/ folder and put the FileNVRAM file into the Modules folder. (If there is a FileNVRAM in the Modules folder, delete it and put in the FileNVRAM you just downloaded.)

Reboot. Upon reaching the Chimera boot screen, tap the keyboard's Spacebar. That will stop the auto booting into OS X on your drive. Chimera screen will now show the bootable operating systems. (I assume you just have one, and it is highlighting the OS X drive.)

Tap the Spacebar again and type in "UseKernelCache=No" w/o the quotes in the screen's window and hit return to boot.

This is all it took me to get iMessages working.

Thanks very much, I got it in there and the cache instruction on reboot was needed.

Well, unfortunately this doesn't seem to do the trick for my situation. I am able to add my account, but when attempting to enable it, it hangs and then give message

The server encountered an error processing registration. Please try again later.

Please fill out your Profile and signature block per the tonymacx86 Forum Rules & Policies. By doing so, you help us help you better. :thumbup:

In the Profile,
System = motherboard make/mode #
CPU = i3/i5/i7 with the dash model #
Graphics = graphics card model or Intel Integrated Graphics level (e.g., HD4000)​

TIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back