Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I know there are many guides online for this, but they are far to confusing, and they don't mention what to after the extraction, to make it useable in OSX. Could someone tell me what to do to manage?

Tom

tinkerC said:
I know there are many guides online for this, but they are far to confusing, and they don't mention what to after the extraction, to make it useable in OSX. Could someone tell me what to do to manage?

Tom
The only person who had a lot of experience editing the ASUS DSDT, FatShenanigans, hasn't been around since April.

What I would suggest is down the ACPI specification to learn how a DSDT works and understand the DSL language used to create DSDTs. Then look at tonymac and my blogs for some of the edits we do on Gigabyte boards. But be aware you might not be able to use the same exact edits.

MacMan said:
tinkerC said:

Tom
The only person who had a lot of experience editing the ASUS DSDT, FatShenanigans, hasn't been around since April.

What I would suggest is down the ACPI specification to learn how a DSDT works and understand the DSL language used to create DSDTs. Then look at tonymac and my blogs for some of the edits we do on Gigabyte boards. But be aware you might not be able to use the same exact edits.

That first sentence is garbled, sorry, could you say that again?

Tom

tinkerC said:
MacMan said:
tinkerC said:

Tom

Tom
Forum user FatShenanigans is the only person on the board who knew a lot on how to edit ASUS DSDTs. She hasn't been on the board since April, so she won't be able to help you. You can try looking at some of the DSDTs she posted to get an idea on what to try.

MacMan said:
tinkerC said:
MacMan said:

Tom
Forum user FatShenanigans is the only person on the board who knew a lot on how to edit ASUS DSDTs. She hasn't been on the board since April, so she won't be able to help you. You can try looking at some of the DSDTs she posted to get an idea on what to try.

Ok, thanks. What kind of edits do I make for things like audio, and hard drives?

Tom

tinkerC said:
Ok, thanks. What kind of edits do I make for things like audio, and hard drives?

Tom
I've never looked at one to know what to do.

If the board uses a Realtek 88x codec they you can probably use my Audio edits from my blog.

MacMan said:
tinkerC said:

Tom
I've never looked at one to know what to do.

If the board uses a Realtek 88x codec they you can probably use my Audio edits from my blog.

Ok, thanks for the help!

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back