Contribute
Register

How to Enable OpenCL on Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 4GB kepler - HACKINTOSH GUIDE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was having problems getting this board to boot with an MSI 660 Ti graphics card. It would get past the Apple logo and then hang with a white screen. it would boot fine from the built in Intel 4000 DVI port. I got it to boot from the GTX 660 Ti after changing graphicsenabler=no and more importantly changing the system definition to iMac 12,2. Hope this helps someone

My AE CS6 is just like yours. It shows OpenGL of 2.0GB and OpenCL of 4GB. Have you found a solution for this? Perhaps AE only supports up to 2GB of OpenGL?

Does anybody have experiences with a new "/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenCL.framework/Versions/A/OpenCL" Patch for 10.8.3? The one for 10.8.1/10.8.2 isn't working, because the mentioned Hex-String (ff 50 68 4c 39 e0 73 e7) isn't existent in the file.

The libclh.dylib Patch for 10.8.2 seems to be working for 10.8.3 also.

EDIT: For now OpenCL seems to work out-of-the-box without specific patching. OpenCL_OceanWave and Luxmark run their OpenCL tests without problems. CUDA-Z also reports that CUDA is working. Must have something todo with the new NVidia Drivers coming directly from Apple via 10.8.3.

This tutorial doesen't work for me.
i have the gforce gtx 670 and the OpenCL Ocean show me 560FPS, is this with OpenCL or with out?

THX
Stephan

Yup looks like openCL work without any patching on 10.8.3 and video cards with over 2GB ram.
Just did a fresh install of 10.8.3 on my hack. i have z68x ud3h b3 , 2700k cpu and gtx 680 with 4GB ram.
Open cl works out of box without patching. Ocean wave , luxmark2 and Unigine Heaven 3.0 benchmarks give me great results.

I have an evga gtx 680 ftw+ 4gb. Now i have been having problems with premiere cs6 not play videos. After effects is fine. i tried other programs like Final cut pro x etc and same thing nothing happens. i can scrub through clips add effects just no play. also I have no sound and wonder if this could be linked some how. also when i push space bar to view a video clip or open in quicktime nothing happens

can you help ?

Please !! Im build this for my video editing and its not going so well

Hey guys - waking up this thread.

Anyone able to get this fix working in 10.8.4? I can't seem to get it to work.

Anyone know what's status of new drivers (310/313) regarding OpenCL with more than 2gb ram?

I'm working with a gtx680 4gb.

Any info/help would be much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back