Contribute
Register

How to enable multitouch gestures of a touch screen laptop on OS X El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Pavilion Touch Smart 14 n033tx (Clover)
CPU
Intel Haswell ULT Core i5 4200U / H8x/P8x
Graphics
Intel HD 4400 , Nvidia GeForce 7200n , 1366x786
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi
I have HP Pavilion touch smart 14 which has OS X El Capitan Installed on it. And the touch screen sometimes work sometimes not and when works so just single touch so is there any way to enable it fully multitouch like as it works on windows?

Hi
I have HP Pavilion touch smart 14 which has OS X El Capitan Installed on it. And the touch screen sometimes work sometimes not and when works so just single touch so is there any way to enable it fully multitouch like as it works on windows?

OS X does not support Multitouch touchscreens. Keep in mind no Macs have touchscreens.

OK I got it. Actually when newly installed the OS X, the touch screen was working (Single Touch) But after some days it stopped working and after a few days started working automatically and now again stopped working. Any help?

OK I got it. Actually when newly installed the OS X, the touch screen was working (Single Touch) But after some days it stopped working and after a few days started working automatically and now again stopped working. Any help?

You followed my Envy guide, didn't you?

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

I removed that kext but still the touch screen is not enabled. Isn't it disabled with something or some kinda flags?

I removed that kext but still the touch screen is not enabled. Isn't it disabled with something or some kinda flags?

Boot with -uia_ignore_rmcf. Reply with ioreg.

Thanks Dear
Touch Screen is now working but what this boot flag did? and what does it mean? Can it cause anything to not work?
Here is the IOReg with this flag=View attachment IOReg.zip

Thanks Dear
Touch Screen is now working but what this boot flag did? and what does it mean? Can it cause anything to not work?
Here is the IOReg with this flag=View attachment 186827

The flag disables the custom configuration on SSDT-HACK for USBInjectAll (UAIC.RMCF).

I added HP18 to SSDT-HACK.dsl in the repo. So you can update, then remove the -uia_ignore_rmcf kernel flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back