Contribute
Register

How to enable HD4600 in Ventura for the Dell Optiplex 7020/9020

@joostiphone So you and everyone venturing off to Ventura know, macOS delta updates (13.1, 13.2 etc) will not work after this patch is applied. You'll have to download the full 12GB installer each time you want to update. It's a hassle, but there's no way to avoid that.
please can you guide me if I am wrong
there is an update now it's 13.1, so I must download the whole installer from any source
then I install it
then i use the patch again with opencore patcher

is this right ??

please can you guide me if I am wrong
there is an update now it's 13.1, so I must download the whole installer from any source
then I install it
then i use the patch again with opencore patcher

is this right ??

Yes (OpenCoreLegacyPatcher).

Yes (OpenCoreLegacyPatcher).
1.png

Thanks a lot, I have successfully upgraded to the 13.1 version
thank you to all

• Create your OpenCore EFI which works for Monterey and (I presume) Ventura
  • Create a USB installer with Ventura
    • I recommend downloading Ventura (or any MacOS) using GibMacOS
    • Then mount your USB's EFI and copy your OpenCore EFI to it
  • Test if Monterey boots with it, and if so:
  • Boot and Install Ventura from your prepared USB
  • After installation and if it boots properly, then load your systems EFI and replace it with your prepared OpenCore EFI.
I have a 9020 SFF and have successfully installed Monterey, using https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...opencore-intel-hd4600-or-amd-graphics.320419/ (thank you so much TRS86).

I have tried a couple of different methods to upgrade to Ventura, including this method above and also directly from within macOS. But i always seem to get a boot loop after the initial GUI install.

@MOFNET and @joostiphone thanks for your guides, but I'm unsuccessful.
I did use the Macmini8,1 but perhaps I did that wrong?
I was also able to boot off the Ventura USB and boot into Monterey, but could not finish the install.
Can anybody assist please? Any suggestions welcome!
Thanks you

I have a 9020 SFF and have successfully installed Monterey, using https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...opencore-intel-hd4600-or-amd-graphics.320419/ (thank you so much TRS86).

I have tried a couple of different methods to upgrade to Ventura, including this method above and also directly from within macOS. But i always seem to get a boot loop after the initial GUI install.

I was also able to boot off the Ventura USB and boot into Monterey, but could not finish the install.
Thanks you
I got it working!
Thank you for this amazing thread and especially joostiphone! I installed opencore legacy patcher to update the ram for the graphics card.

just a question....after I've patched my installation, is possible to enable SIP again ?
there are some applications (first tested was Visual Studio Code) that doesn't start if SIP is disabled :|

is possible to enable SIP again ?
Only if you get a supported AMD graphics card that works with Ventura and disable the HD4600 graphics.

Thanks you
Are you sure your bios settings are correct? See @trs96 Optiplex thread for the correct settings. Make sure also that you picked MacOS as default (press space, and then Control+Enter on MacOS) before you start the install of Ventura.

Are you sure your bios settings are correct? See @trs96 Optiplex thread for the correct settings. Make sure also that you picked MacOS as default (press space, and then Control+Enter on MacOS) before you start the install of Ventura.
I got it working but it is a lot slower than it was with Monterey. I don't think it is usable with the HD 4600 graphics. Just minimizing a few browser tabs take too long. What are your impressions of it? Is it usable for you? Did I do something wrong?

I am looking into hacking my Optiplex 3080, but I was unsuccessful with it today. It has the i5-10500 processor. Opencore is an interesting learning process, at time frustrating.

Back