Contribute
Register

How to enable HD4600 in Ventura for the Dell Optiplex 7020/9020

Does anyone know exactly what OCLP is doing to enable HD 4600 on Ventura? I'm not a big fan of just running a patching program. Would be nice if someone would share the exact details of the patch so we could just manually enter the steps into OpenCore. Would the developers be willing to share this info or is it proprietary?

Hi everyone!

In order to update from Monterey, one has to change the EFI accordingly, reboot and then run the full installer app or first create a bootable installer usb and run the installer from there?

Hi everyone!

In order to update from Monterey, one has to change the EFI accordingly, reboot and then run the full installer app or first create a bootable installer usb and run the installer from there?
  • Create your OpenCore EFI which works for Monterey and (I presume) Ventura
  • Create a USB installer with Ventura
    • I recommend downloading Ventura (or any MacOS) using GibMacOS
    • Then mount your USB's EFI and copy your OpenCore EFI to it
  • Test if Monterey boots with it, and if so:
  • Boot and Install Ventura from your prepared USB
  • After installation and if it boots properly, then load your systems EFI and replace it with your prepared OpenCore EFI.

Does anyone know exactly what OCLP is doing to enable HD 4600 on Ventura? I'm not a big fan of just running a patching program. Would be nice if someone would share the exact details of the patch so we could just manually enter the steps into OpenCore. Would the developers be willing to share this info or is it proprietary?
When it's run on a Haswell based hackintosh, it's adding the graphics kexts and driver bundles that support HD4600. They use the versions included with Monterey. There are also other things that OCLP does which you can read about in their documentation on Github.

One of the devs, Mykola says that it's not intended for use with Hacks only real Macs. So it's obviously doing more things on real Macs than it does when you use it on a hackintosh. Hacks already have an OpenCore EFI folder, Macs don't. If you have an Apple built, Haswell based Mac, run it on that and take a look at what it's doing. That's the best way to learn about how it works.

Last edited:
  • Create your OpenCore EFI which works for Monterey and (I presume) Ventura
  • Create a USB installer with Ventura
    • I recommend downloading Ventura (or any MacOS) using GibMacOS
    • Then mount your USB's EFI and copy your OpenCore EFI to it
  • Test if Monterey boots with it, and if so:
  • Boot and Install Ventura from your prepared USB
  • After installation and if it boots properly, then load your systems EFI and replace it with your prepared OpenCore EFI.
i used this page . he gives you direct installer from Apple site it's trusted

GibMacOS is downloading files directly from Apple’s servers also.
yes, but i use this with "xtreme download manager" to use maximum speed of my connection, and resumable download also

I updated my Optiplex 9020 USFF to Ventura successfully, with only three weird problems which I was unable to solve:
  1. If the monitor goes to sleep (either by putting it to sleep explicitly or when the pc goes to sleep), upon wake, it turns on for 3-4 seconds, but then goes to sleep again (just the monitor) and does not turn back on. I noticed that this problem arises even with my old system (Monterey 12.6.1), when I only change the platform from Macmini7,1 to Macmini8,1.
  2. Firefox and Skype refuse to run. I completely removed Firefox (with all its preference and Application Support files) and reinstalled it. Its main window opens after some time but is completely unresponsive. Skype simply crashes.
  3. When I execute an Adobe product I get multiple errors regarding Adobe CEF crashing continuously.
I can live with the latter two problems, but not from the wake from sleep one. Thus I reverted to my Monterey backup (with Macmini7,1). I attach my config.plist. Can anyone please help?

Attachments

• config.plist
    24.8 KB · Views: 43

except that i used Macmini8,1 instead of iMac18,3, and i used GenSMBIOS to generate the serial for this and inject it to the config.plist file
@MOFNET thanks for your suggestions!

Back