Contribute
Register

How to enable Geforce GTS 450 on lion clean install?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi Everyone!

I am new on Tonymacx86 forum.

I have a clean Lion install ( following the instructions from tonymacx86 tutorial.)
after booting the lion Install , Instead of upgrading SL to Lion i just formated the SL partition and the Lion installer did a clean install. Using Multibeast and customs DSDTs, sound and network worked fine.
But Lion boot with vga support only. No 3D aceleration or 1920x1080x32 which is my default resolution in SL running on DVI, and with the drivers from Nvidia for SL 10.6.8 downloaded on downloads page from tonymacx86. The drivers i checked work great on SL
10.6.8 but here is the problem: with my clean Lion Install, Nvidia Retail_256.02.25f01 Installation says: this OS (Lion) already have support for my graphic card and will not install the nvidia 10.6.8 drivers.

Well, without the Nvidia Retail_256.02.25f01 i can't get my boad to work on Lion.
I already have tried the tonymacx86 drivers for Nvidia but don't work as well. I look at Nvidia site for new drivers but nothing there.
In my SL installation i have GraphicsEnabler=Yes and PCIRootUID=0
(If i try PCIRootUID=1 SL goes KP.) So, Please help , how i enable my geforce 450 on lion without the drivers guessing lion already have them?

Best regards.

You mind telling us how...? I have the same problem, and I feel like you kind of just spat in my face :|

Tom Fagerland said:
You mind telling us how...? I have the same problem, and I feel like you kind of just spat in my face :|

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=256103&st=80&p=1699317&#entry1699317

You might find this link usefull. I hope it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back