Contribute
Register

How to enable brightness control on Dell Inspiron 15R (N5150)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z170X-Gaming 3
CPU
i7-6700
Graphics
RX580 / HD 530
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi All,
I had just installed the OS X 10.10 Yosemite on my Dell Inspiron 15R (N5150) laptop. I just got enabled the ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 through CLOER injection. However, my laptop is running with very low brightness. How to enable the brightness control in Sys Pref==>Display? Kindly guide me to enable the brightness slider on my laptop. I had attached my DSDT here.

Thanks In Adavance,
Jithin Chandran

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    38.2 KB · Views: 130
Hi All,
I had just installed the OS X 10.10 Yosemite on my Dell Inspiron 15R (N5150) laptop. I just got enabled the ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 through CLOER injection. However, my laptop is running with very low brightness. How to enable the brightness control in Sys Pref==>Display? Kindly guide me to enable the brightness slider on my laptop. I had attached my DSDT here.

Thanks In Adavance,
Jithin Chandran

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...ching-dsdt-ssdt-laptop-backlight-control.html

Hi RehabMan,
Is the guide will work for ATI Graphics also?

Thanks,
Jithin Chandran

No. The guide is for Intel graphics as is stated in the post.

No. The guide is for Intel graphics as is stated in the post.
Hi RehabMan,
Thanks for your fast response. Here i have ATI GFX Card. So is there any way to enable the brightness control slider or atleat anyway to get maximum brightness?

Thanks In Advance,
Jithin Chandran

Hi RehabMan,
Thanks for your fast response. Here i have ATI GFX Card. So is there any way to enable the brightness control slider or atleat anyway to get maximum brightness?

Thanks In Advance,
Jithin Chandran

According to your profile, all your systems have Intel graphics.

I have no experience with Radeon...

Hi RehabMan,
I have one issue with my audio. I have the codec IDT92HD81B1X on my laptop. I downloaded the patched apple hda from somewhere in internet. Internal Speakers are not giving any output, but it is detecting. Headphones working fine. Can you please help to find the issue? Kext attached.

Thanks In Advance,
Jithin Chandran

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    796.1 KB · Views: 73
Hi RehabMan,
I have one issue with my audio. I have the codec IDT92HD81B1X on my laptop. I downloaded the patched apple hda from somewhere in internet. Internal Speakers are not giving any output, but it is detecting. Headphones working fine. Can you please help to find the issue? Kext attached.

Thanks In Advance,
Jithin Chandran

You probably need a different patch. Search for a different one or patch it yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back