Register

How to enable automatic backup to EFI-Backups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z68XP-UD3P
CPU
Graphics
Hi. I was recently bitten by the Clover 4586 problem. I muddled through a fix for that but along the way discovered that I do not have an EFI-Backups folder, and thus didn't have a backup of a prior EFI to restore when my system was unbootable. I've looked at Clover Configurator and seen a setting or two that looked like it might control backups, but it looked to me like it was set to perform them (NVRAM->EFI folder backups: force create on destination volume CHECKED). Nevertheless, I have no backups, no EFI-Backups folder. Not sure what I did to disable them, but any advice would be welcome. Thanks.

Sorry if this is an easy one, but searching for anything related to EFI-Backups pulls up a million hits related to using/restoring backups, but I couldn't find anything about turning them on/off.

Not sure what I did to disable them, but any advice would be welcome.
AFAIK you don't have to enable/disable it.
Each time that you install or update Clover a copy of your /EFI folder is saved to your system disk in /EFI-Backups.

AFAIK you don't have to enable/disable it.
Each time that you install or update Clover a copy of your /EFI folder is saved to your system disk in /EFI-Backups.

Yeah, I guess that's the way it's supposed to work, but I sure don't have the folder. My assumption is that I've accidentally disabled it somehow, but I don't know how I did it or how to reverse it.

Yeah, I guess that's the way it's supposed to work, but I sure don't have the folder. My assumption is that I've accidentally disabled it somehow, but I don't know how I did it or how to reverse it.
Use the Clover installer to install the Clover preference pane and you can then use that to control the backup behaviour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back