Contribute
Register

How to enable 5.1-channel analogue audio in OS X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello !!

I have a mobo GA-Z77X-UD5H (rev. 1.0) F14 BIOS with Mavericks 10.9.2 running with Multibeast AppleHDA.kext without DSDT install.

I did set-up the 5.1 analog output as the tutorial with the MIDI outputs, but the rear channel only works one channel. I have change the analog cable and switch the channels and always the same thing the left channel of the black output don't work. And if I do switch the output (RCA) from the receiver do not work the right channel... any idea? the receiver and cables works just fine, it seems and issue of the output.... of course that I have test it with mkv 5.1 DTS or DD files with VLC.

Maybe a BIOS issue?

Please help! Thanks!

Roy

Hi guys! I am new to Hackingtosh projects...I have just build up a Hackingtosh tower but i have some issues with the 5.1 sound! I am using Z87X-UD3H motherboard from Gigabyte and despite that the sound from 2 channels is ok i have 5.1 speakers that they are not at the moment functional. I followed exactly the steps from the tutorial video but unfortunately only the two speakers can play!!! i have plugged and unplugged several times the jacks behind but nothing the same can anyone help me? +My channels are recognize as Line-out(Green Rear) and the others as SPDIF-out(Grey rear) and SPDIF-out(ATAPI) :(

I have ML and my motherboard is intel DH55HC and i5 processor
My creative A500 5.1 speakers works well with Windows
The problem is i have only one line out in HDMI and other two are shown as SPDIF out and speaker ATAPI.
how to enable 5.1 in mountain lion. currently i am using VoodooHDA.kext.
Now only front speakers work
Screen Shot 2014-05-10 at 3.00.32 PM.png

does not work on ALC888

Gigabyte GA-EP43T-USB3
C2Q CPU

I have Asus P8Z77V-Pro(ALC892) and it's working with 5.1 channel movies.

its not working on intel dg41wv motherboard having alc662 codec. please anybody help for this.

I think that I have followed the steps laid out in this guide but still can't get analogue 5.1 audio to work on an old set of Logitech 5.1 speakers.

Once I switch to the "Aggregate Device" in Sound Preferences my volume icon in the top task bar goes grey and I don't get any sound at all. I am able to get sound out of a set of headphones connected to a separate headphone port.

I am running Yosemite with a ga-z77x-ud5h rev1.1 motherboard. I have ALC898 enabled and I tried to enable the Optional 3-port (5.1) Audio through MultiBeast but it didn't make a difference.

Any help that you could provide would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

I switch to the "Aggregate Device" in Sound Preferences my volume icon in the top task bar goes grey
I tried to enable the Optional 3-port (5.1) Audio through MultiBeast but it didn't make a difference.
Normal
Audio ID: 3 is not applicable to your motherboard, Use Audio ID: 1.

Normal
Audio ID: 3 is not applicable to your motherboard, Use Audio ID: 1.

Thanks. This helped but right now I can only get the front left and right speakers to work not the rear, center or subwoofer channels.

Any thoughts? I've tried with 5.1 content in VLC and just trying to test the speakers through the Audio Midi utility...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back