Contribute
Register

how to dual boot osx / windows 7 on two separate hdd's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
gigabyte z87mx-d3h. 16gb ddr3 ram
CPU
i7 4771. 3.5ghz
Graphics
geforce gtx 660 2gb
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
i have a fully working snow leopard on one 320gb hdd. i also have a fully working windows 7 on a separate 500gb hdd. how would i go about dual booting these from the mulitbeast bootloader?

fixxxer2012 said:
i have a fully working snow leopard on one 320gb hdd. i also have a fully working windows 7 on a separate 500gb hdd. how would i go about dual booting these from the mulitbeast bootloader?

Plug both HDs in and set boot priority to your 320GB HD in the BIOS.

When the Chameleon screen loads press any key and it will stop the count down.

You will then see both Windows and OSX to boot into.

notshy said:
fixxxer2012 said:

really? that simple huh? ill give it a go. because i have sata & sata 2 ports i had to use. the sata are in ahci mode for leopard and i used a sata 2 port in ide mode to boot windows 7. i got bsod with ahci mode trying to boot 7.

fixxxer2012 said:
notshy said:
fixxxer2012 said:

really? that simple huh? ill give it a go. because i have sata & sata 2 ports i had to use. the sata are in ahci mode for leopard and i used a sata 2 port in ide mode to boot windows 7. i got bsod with ahci mode trying to boot 7.

The Win 7 IDE/AHCI issue has been answered many times on the forum - did you search?

Load Windows 7 in IDE mode then
1. Startup Regedit
2. Open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE / SYSTEM / CurrentControlset / Services
3. Open msahci
4. In the right field left click on "start" and go to Modify
5. In the value Data field enter "0" and click "ok"
6. exit "Regedit"

Then reboot and change SATA mode in BIOS. Once it's working on ACHI mode then you can put both HDs on the same SATA controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back