Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi,

Can anyone explain how to disable SIP properly in recovery mode please? I have tried myself by loading into the recovery mode in Clover boot loader page and used "csrutil disable" command in Terminal and rebooted the system. However, after rebooting and going back to Terminal to check the status, I'll get the following and I don't think that the SIP is disabled yet!

Massys-iMac:~ massy$ csrutil status

System Integrity Protection status: enabled (Custom Configuration).

Configuration:

Apple Internal: disabled

Kext Signing: disabled

Filesystem Protections: disabled

Debugging Restrictions: enabled

DTrace Restrictions: enabled

NVRAM Protections: enabled

BaseSystem Verification: enabled

This is an unsupported configuration, likely to break in the future and leave your machine in an unknown state.

Massys-iMac:~ massy$ CoreDisplay-patch.command statu

Hi,

Can anyone explain how to disable SIP properly in recovery mode please? I have tried myself by loading into the recovery mode in Clover boot loader page and used "csrutil disable" command in Terminal and rebooted the system. However, after rebooting and going back to Terminal to check the status, I'll get the following and I don't think that the SIP is disabled yet!

Massys-iMac:~ massy$ csrutil status

System Integrity Protection status: enabled (Custom Configuration).

Configuration:

Apple Internal: disabled

Kext Signing: disabled

Filesystem Protections: disabled

Debugging Restrictions: enabled

DTrace Restrictions: enabled

NVRAM Protections: enabled

BaseSystem Verification: enabled

This is an unsupported configuration, likely to break in the future and leave your machine in an unknown state.

Massys-iMac:~ massy$ CoreDisplay-patch.command statu
Did you end up getting to fix this issue? I need to disable mine but I couldn't find this answered anywhere with good instructions. My biggest issue that I'm trying to fix is my computer won't take in my Graphics Card GeForce 680 (Assuming it's the SIP) because it keeps crashing until I take the Graphics Card out. I know the card works with High Sierra because others have used it. Let me know your thoughts.

Stop spamming and read Post #2, it explains what must be done although it is unlikely that it will solve your problem.
Thanks Pilgrim. I don't quite understand what it's saying on Post #2. Can you maybe help elaborate where do I paste that Code Text? Where is Clover's config? Is this within Terminal or right when you boot up in BIOS?

Also, what do you think would solve my issue?

Sorry, I'm an ultra newb, and just trying to figure it all out. Thanks

Can you maybe help elaborate where do I paste that Code Text?
The config.plist that the Clover boot loader uses is located on the EFI partition in /EFI/CLOVER.
The EFI partition must be mounted before you can access it.

Also, what do you think would solve my issue?
Impossible to say unless you post something meaningful and here is not the place to do that.
Use the thread that you already started.
Boot in verbose mode and post a picture of the screen when it stops.

The config.plist that the Clover boot loader uses is located on the EFI partition in /EFI/CLOVER.
The EFI partition must be mounted before you can access it.

Pardon me for not fully understanding - I am better with pictures to understand, I only just started this a couple days ago.

Let's bring this conversation on my thread.

Pardon me for not fully understanding - I am better with pictures to understand, I only just started this a couple days ago.

Let's bring this conversation on my thread.

If you try to economize on words used in forum post, it will be hard for readers to understand the context of the question posed. Starting one's own thread is the best way to get faster help rather than piggy-backing an ongoing troubleshoot started by another person.

Are you trying to install a new System using a USB installer or are you trying to troubleshoot an already installed system on the hard disk? That is not clear in your post. One will have to read into the post. The end result of a response may be right or wrong from such assumptions.

• If you are having Graphics related boot problem during installation with a macOS USB Installer and want to disable System Integrity Protection, you may check the bulleted and illustrated steps shown in this post->#4

• If you are trying to Disable SIP on an installed System on a hard disk that has already got CLOVER installed, get Clover Configurator (Global Edition) and mount the EFI of the System Disk on the desktop using CC as shown in the earlier link and follow the method to navigate EFI>EFI>CLOVER.config.plist Rt click>Open with CC> go to Rt Variables > CsrActiveConfig > and type in 0x67 [ this value is SIP DISABLED] (see image)
  • Once edited, go to the bottom left of that screen and click on the 2nd Rightward Arrow and Save the edited config.plist in that CLOVER

Attachments

• 1.config.plist_Rt Variables_CsrActiveConfig _0X67.png
    1.config.plist_Rt Variables_CsrActiveConfig _0X67.png
    123.2 KB · Views: 1,801
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back