Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-Z170X-UD5
CPU
i7 6700
Graphics
GTX 970
hackintosh was a fail, I could never get it to work. Can someone tell me how to get windows back on the computer, I booted off the Mac install USB and in disk utility erased the drive but it kept loading clover and although it recognized a windows install USB connected it would not install it, how can I erase the drive, like it was when I first purchased it so I can install windows 10?

Shift f10 doesn't do anything when the computer starts up, all I get is this message "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key.

BIOS is set to boot form the USB, I have a bootable Windows 10 install in the USB port, but still nothing.

I have access to an external enclosure so I can pull the SSD and connect to my MacBookPro is that will help, but I don't know what to do from there, I have reformatted the drive as MS-DOS (FAT) and that didn't help. It seems to be an issue with the EFI on the drive, how can I get that back to stock with Terminal on my Mac?

Shift f10 doesn't do anything when the computer starts up, all I get is this message "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key.

BIOS is set to boot form the USB, I have a bootable Windows 10 install in the USB port, but still nothing.

I have access to an external enclosure so I can pull the SSD and connect to my MacBookPro is that will help, but I don't know what to do from there, I have reformatted the drive as MS-DOS (FAT) and that didn't help. It seems to be an issue with the EFI on the drive, how can I get that back to stock with Terminal on my Mac?
Do not do shift+F10 while booting - only after the Windows installer gets to first page and asks you if you want to install or repair.
You need to be able to boot the Win10 install USB first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back