Contribute
Register

How to configure big sur to boot from hard drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
in system preferences you can choose the startup disk from there

also, just to confirm, use for example hackintool to mount your EFI partition, then delete the EFI folder from there and replace with your working efi folder from your usb

also, as you don't have a dell (according to your hardware profile) you can remove:
SMCDellSensors.kext

as you don't have a laptop, you can also remove:
SMCBatteryManager.kext
SMCLightSensor.kext

you can probably remove:
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

also no need to have 2 EC aml files, remove one of those
Fear tech, thanks for your suggestion I did everything you wrote with no luck....

Dean, thanks so much for your suggestion copying only the contents inside the EFI folder of the USB to the EFI of the hardisk it helped, I also deleted the install macOS Big Sur from the USB and it worked. although I can boot to Big Sur only with the help of the usb when I turn on the computer in the opencore menu Big Sur is the first above the list meaning that opencore automatically selects Big Sur and boots to big Sur Without for me the need to select it so its booting wonderfully just turning on the computer and I’m in Big Sur.... I’ve made a backup of the USB on other USB in case I will lose this one, many many thanks....

Remember to select your startup drive within MacOS. System Preferences > Startup Disk > (unlock padlock) and make sure the drive is highlighted and then click restart target drive.

Opencore should remember the last drive you booted from and automatically boot from it.

You need to run the utility of Legacy Boot again for your hard drive. Simply copying boot from USB stick will not work.

Does this mean that the custom tool "MountEFI" must be used? if so then that might explain some of my problems? Would the disk need to be reformatted and start again from scratch?
other point of confusion though: how did the newly formatted disk suddenly name itself 'OpenCore USB' - someone skipped a step...?
1609799667362.png

Does this mean that the custom tool "MountEFI" must be used? if so then that might explain some of my problems? Would the disk need to be reformatted and start again from scratch?
other point of confusion though: how did the newly formatted disk suddenly name itself 'OpenCore USB' - someone skipped a step...?
View attachment 503864
No I just meant that if you had generated boot (file) for your USB stick’s ESP, you will have to generate again for your system drive’s ESP or it won’t boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back