Graphics
radeon
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm getting rid of my hackintosh and getting a macbook pro I would like to keep everything the same what is the best way to do this? Can I clone?

DO NOT DO THIS! It's one thing to keep all your files etc. But to copy an entire filesystem that has been modified to run on non-apple hardware and attempt to run on a Mac? Don't. I imagine that would lead to countless headaches, and be more work than it's worth. The only thing you can really do is back up your files and apps.

DO NOT DO THIS! It's one thing to keep all your files etc. But to copy an entire filesystem that has been modified to run on non-apple hardware and attempt to run on a Mac? Don't. I imagine that would lead to countless headaches, and be more work than it's worth. The only thing you can really do is back up your files and apps.

yeah that is what i was thinking. Do you think I could do a time machine backup for everything except settings? Or do I just have to drag and drop everything i want onto a hard drive?

You can just drag 'en drop or burn to a disk. No real back up program needed.

i agree with koalaman ... just backup your data -- iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie projects/events, docs, ... any applications installed in the hackintosh, re-install on the MBP.
you don't want to mess with the system files on the MBP.

-dh-

Is this a situation where you can use the migration assistant in OS X?

I agree, the easiest way is to use the migration assistant, when you install the OS it will ask if you want to transfer from another disk, just connect your hackintosh drive and will copy all preferences, apps, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back