MSI GTX760 OC
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello all!

My hack (in sig) is running under a iMac 13,2 smbios.

But I encounter many issues, some tinyest, but one big => my system randomly hangs, and only the reset button rescue me.
I've seen on the web than people with a similar hack than mine use Macmini definition (like XPamadeus, if I remember), other uses MacPro (like Slugnet).

My question is now what are the criterias to choose the best SMBIOS for our hack?

I thank it was the CPU gen, that's why I understand the choice of iMac 13,2 or last Macmini (IvyBridge both), but I don't understand the MacPro one.

I looked I think everywhere on the internet, but there's no help arround my question.

Thanks a lot for your answers :D

PS: my hack running 10.8.4, combo upgraded from fresh 10.8.3.

What's the advantage of using iMac 13,2?
Does you hardware need it?

Why not Mac Pro 3,1? It's supposed to be the most stable.

I choose iMac 13,2 because I thought it was the best choice to have an Ivy Bridge SMBIOS.

That's why I ask thy question.

And why is MacPro 3,1 the best choice?

I've heard it said that it has the least complications. It's what is installed as default in EasyBeast and DSDT free.

The "best" SMBIOS depends on what you expect and want out of your machine.
The default MacPro 3.1 is the most conservative /"hassle-free" choice.

But if you want your machine to run more effectively, save power, lower temperatures, etc then
check out STORK's great thread, starting at post #337 for what you are asking about:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-bu...-z77x-up5-th-gtx-650-ti-mountain-lion-34.html

You need to gernerate a SSDT file to take advantage of advanced power management.
Good luck, n.m.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back