Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I was wondering if there was an easier way than stated here:
http://goo.gl/nyb4X

The grey Apple logo is stretched horizontally on my display on startup and I would like to replace it with another image if possible. I'm running iBoot+MultiBeast so I have the Extra/Themes/Default folder in my root. Those PNGs however only affect the bootloader images and not the actual Apple boot screen. I guess I was hoping for a simple PNG switch :(

Good to know is how to replace Gigabyte boot image with apple one :) it is possible ?

thanks

ata said:
I was wondering if there was an easier way than stated here:
http://goo.gl/nyb4X

The grey Apple logo is stretched horizontally on my display on startup and I would like to replace it with another image if possible. I'm running iBoot+MultiBeast so I have the Extra/Themes/Default folder in my root. Those PNGs however only affect the bootloader images and not the actual Apple boot screen. I guess I was hoping for a simple PNG switch :(

Greetings. In Extra/Themes/Default are all the files relating to that theme (Default). You can change that stretched out Apple logo with whatever you like by replacing the boot.png file. Just rename any png to "boot.png and replace it in that spot (I always back up). Be aware, however that whatever image you use will be "stretched" on the boot screen. You can find modified png files (They look too skinny if you just look at the picture. Take a look at the existing boot.png file and you will see that it looks normal compared to how it looks while booting). You can also use a little utility to reduce the ratio of any png you want to the proper ratio so it will look "right" on boot up. The one I use is called iResizer. You might have to experiment a little to get the look you want. There is a helpful guide somewhere on the net. If you can't find it let me know and I'll see if I can locate it.

Also be aware that there are many themes available for use with chameleon. Using new themes can change a lot more than simply the boot image however so save that for a time you want to do more substantial tweaking. I use a program called Lizard to switch between theme packages.

Edit: Here is a page that describes the process in more detail, including using iResizer.
http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php?topic=237.0

Good luck.

RandomNumber said:
In Extra/Themes/Default are all the files relating to that theme (Default). You can change that stretched out Apple logo with whatever you like by replacing the boot.png file. Just rename any png to "boot.png and replace it in that spot (I always back up).

Thanks for the quick reply and link. When I change the boot.png file in the Themes/Default folder, it only affects the Chameleon bootloader theme not the actual Apple boot screen that loads after. I guess I didn't make it clear enough that I would like to change the Apple boot screen graphic and not the Chameleon boot screen. Does that make sense? After Chameleon is done and my machine starts booting into Snow Leopard, I get a white screen with grey Apple logo and a spinning gear underneath. How can I change that grey Apple logo to something else?

I just changed the dimensions in the "themes.plist" (how did I miss that?) and now the grey Apple is not distorted anymore. I can live with that. I noticed that in my "com.apple.Boot.plist" it refers to "Legacy Logo". I'm guessing this is the grey Apple logo boot image? I don't know what file the "Legacy Logo" is referring to and where it's located however. Is it a hidden file?

ata said:
I just changed the dimensions in the "themes.plist" (how did I miss that?) and now the grey Apple is not distorted anymore. I can live with that. I noticed that in my "com.apple.Boot.plist" it refers to "Legacy Logo". I'm guessing this is the grey Apple logo boot image? I don't know what file the "Legacy Logo" is referring to and where it's located however. Is it a hidden file?
Yes Legacy Logo is the grey apple. It is used by default because it is in your com.apple.Boot.plist. I use an application called Lizard to switch between themes. It also has a checkbox for using Legacy Logo or not. It is here: http://darwinx86.net/software/darwinx86_software.html

It has many very nice features. Also you might want to check out Theme park at VooDoo projects forum. Here is a link: http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php?board=7.0 You will need to create a login first though. Several themes are available there and other places on the net. Placing those themes in Extra/themes folder (and using Lizard to select the theme) makes experimenting with themes very easy. As you have discovered, each theme has a theme.plist that might need some tweaking for your specific needs. Good Luck!

Re: How to change the grey Apple logo boot screen to 64bit apple

I had the pretty new apple boot screen until I installed the latest MultiBeast. I chose 64bit Apple screen (several times) but always get that old ugly apple. Anybody know the com.apple.Boot.plist commands for the Advanced Screen?

Thanks

arielkiah said:
I had the pretty new apple boot screen until I installed the latest MultiBeast. I chose 64bit Apple screen (several times) but always get that old ugly apple. Anybody know the com.apple.Boot.plist commands for the Advanced Screen?

Thanks

in the boot.plist, look for the legacy logo=yes string.
if its there, delete it, or change the yes to no.
either way will work

Khanaset said:
With some BIOSes, it is possible, but it requires manually editing and creating your own custom BIOS - NOT for the faint of heart or those who don't understand BIOS coding in their sleep. ;)

with the motherboard boards that it can be done on, the manufacturers provide utilities to do it.
dont have to manually edited any bios, just use the software they provide.

see this thread for example
viewtopic.php?f=76&t=18040

cant say ive dealt with evga boards, but gigabyte and asus boards can do it easily.
you still have to flash the bios, but no editing or anything needs to be done.

the evga boards are usually higher end, so maybe thats why? perhaps they dont think people thatd buy their boards would bother flashing boot images :problem:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back