Gt 240
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,
Because of an unfortunate incident I lost my gtx 480. I also have gt 240. In the mac, gtx 480 was my primary card and the other was secondary. Now I've put 240 in 480 slot. But mac doesn't show anything. I can access to mac HFS+ through windows and edit whatever I want. So guys please help me. What should I do to get mac work! I really don't wanna go through the whole reinstallation! Thanks in advance...

Hi,
Because of an unfortunate incident I lost my gtx 480. I also have gt 240. In the mac, gtx 480 was my primary card and the other was secondary. Now I've put 240 in 480 slot. But mac doesn't show anything. I can access to mac HFS+ through windows and edit whatever I want. So guys please help me. What should I do to get mac work! I really don't wanna go through the whole reinstallation! Thanks in advance...

Your not very clear what the problem is. I'm assuming you can't boot into OSX at all, is it stuck at the apple logo or something? You could try using your windows partition to mess with you org.chameleon.Boot.plist. You can try setting graphics enabler to yes or no. Also try removing all graphics cards, and just plugging into motherboard. Even if OSX doesn't support your integrated graphics, you can probably boot with 1024x768 resolution being generated by your cpu. Although the resolution might suck, you can at least backup your files and mess with drivers and settings to get your gt 240 running.

Your not very clear what the problem is. I'm assuming you can't boot into OSX at all, is it stuck at the apple logo or something? You could try using your windows partition to mess with you org.chameleon.Boot.plist. You can try setting graphics enabler to yes or no. Also try removing all graphics cards, and just plugging into motherboard. Even if OSX doesn't support your integrated graphics, you can probably boot with 1024x768 resolution being generated by your cpu. Although the resolution might suck, you can at least backup your files and mess with drivers and settings to get your gt 240 running.

Thanks for reply. I can boot into OSX. But there is no video. Just a black screen. I think mac gets confused when it doesn't see 480 as the main graphics card. I think I should do sth to redefine 240 as the main graphics card. However, I don't know how?

try booting with -x and see if you can load your os.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back