Contribute
Register

How to Buy a Snow Leopard DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno about you guys but I personally feel that Snow Leopard was Apple's best OS ever!

Great for proaudio (better and supports more software than Lion or ML) and the red close button is slightly bigger and easier to hit quick.

My two cents.....

I agree. This site truly is wonderful. :thumbup:

I do have a quick question though. I'm going to follow the OP idea this afternoon, because I figure <$25 for SL you can't really go wrong. However, wouldn't this be the upgrade license / DVD? Would that work from scratch?

I'm asking because we are telling the Apple Support Representative that we have an existing system running Leopard that we would like to upgrade.

Please let me know your thoughts. :)

I agree. This site truly is wonderful. :thumbup:

I do have a quick question though. I'm going to follow the OP idea this afternoon, because I figure <$25 for SL you can't really go wrong. However, wouldn't this be the upgrade license / DVD? Would that work from scratch?

I'm asking because we are telling the Apple Support Representative that we have an existing system running Leopard that we would like to upgrade.

Please let me know your thoughts. :)

The Snow Leopard DVD you buy would be a full OS install disk and work with a fresh clean drive, it is not an partial update DVD.

During the phone call yesterday, the representative said I should get an email confirming details. I have not got this yet so I am wondering how long that takes? Is it just after the purchase is processed, or should I call back to confirm email?

125 for snow leopard :-O these people are scamming

My $20.00 version came in last night. I'll be making a newegg purchase for the hardware required for a mac mini 2012 tonight. I can't wait for my mac!!

Thanks for the assistance everybody!!

I just order mine for 19.99 plus shipping they asked me for serial number but be sure to say you don't want to give it but say the model Cpu and amount of ram

Yeah, I just bought one as well. They asked for the model number but all I had to do was say I didn't have it with me. They then asked me how old it was and how much ram it had. I said 3 years old and 4 gigs (which is true for the PC I intend on turning into a hackintosh) and then they let me pay for it.

Testing 1 2 3

Grabbed info from a ebay person who was selling a computer. Worked just fine in obtaining it, should be here friday or saturday. You could get an upgrade to Lion if you had a computer from 2007, but was prior to the 10.6.8 upgrade if you're lucky, you would need a serial number for that though so they can do a check (I tried, and that is what they told me; serial number I had was legit too)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back