Contribute
Register

How to Boot into Windows from the Clover Menu!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-UD4H
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
HD4600 and GTX 760
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have installed windows 7 on a separate Hard drive than my Yosemite OSX. The only way to load windows is by pressing F12 and selecting the Crucial SSD drive. I would like to be able to just select the windows partition within my Clover boot screen. When I press on the windows drive I get a flashing cursor in the top left corner. Any ideas would be appreciated.

I have installed windows 7 on a separate Hard drive than my Yosemite OSX. The only way to load windows is by pressing F12 and selecting the Crucial SSD drive. I would like to be able to just select the windows partition within my Clover boot screen. When I press on the windows drive I get a flashing cursor in the top left corner. Any ideas would be appreciated.

In Clover GUI, how many Windows icons and how are they labeled?

Thanks for the response. I have 4 windows boot options in clover menu as the two below are just duplicated. See diagram below.

1. Boot windows from EFI
2. Boot windows from legacy HD1

Attachments

• IMG_2324.jpg
    IMG_2324.jpg
    370.5 KB · Views: 90
Thanks for the response. I have 4 windows boot options in clover menu as the two below are just duplicated. See diagram below.

1. Boot windows from EFI
2. Boot windows from legacy HD1

If you had installed the windows in UEFI mode, then choose the option Boot windows from EFI to start loading windows.

I am happy to go back and reinstall windows in UEFI mode. How do I do that exactly. I am installing windows on a different hard drive than my Yosemite is on. Thanks for any additional info.

I am happy to go back and reinstall windows in UEFI mode. How do I do that exactly. I am installing windows on a different hard drive than my Yosemite is on. Thanks for any additional info.

I see 4 Windows Icons in your pic - they should be labeled something like:
Boot Windows from Legacy HD1
Boot Windows from Legacy HD2
Boot Windows from EFI
Boot Windows EFI from EFI

Choose the last one to boot Win10.

When I chose the last option (boot from Efi) the cursor just blinks and windows does not boot. I also don't have an option that says Boot Windows EFI from EFI? Any ideas?

When I chose the last option (boot from Efi) the cursor just blinks and windows does not boot. I also don't have an option that says Boot Windows EFI from EFI? Any ideas?

The "Boot Windows EFI from EFI" is the icon you want to use to boot Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back