Contribute
Register

how to boot from HDD and not from iBoot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
please help, how would i able to boot from HDD rather than iBoot?

many thanks :)

hi there, beast of a pc you got there. to boot directly from the hard drive you have to install multibeast download it from the link below

viewforum.php?f=69/

install that on snow leopard. and choose easy beast to be installed in it.

Screen shot 2011-02-23 at 9.49.35 AM.png

once that finishes installing do not restart. install the latest mac osx update 10.6.6

http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1349

then once that completes restart the computer without the iboot disk and boot from your mac hdd it should boot straight off.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-02-23 at 9.49.35 AM.png
    79.8 KB · Views: 182
aravi_992 said:
hi there, beast of a pc you got there. to boot directly from the hard drive you have to install multibeast download it from the link below

viewforum.php?f=69/

once that finishes installing do not restart. install the latest mac osx update 10.6.6

then once that completes restart the computer without the iboot disk and boot from your mac hdd it should boot straight off.

thanks for the reply man, but i guess i should update first to 10.6.6 then install easybeast, am i right? or install easybeast, do not restart, install update 10.6.6?

which is which?

JasonTechie said:
aravi_992 said:

viewforum.php?f=69/

thanks for the reply man, but i guess i should update first to 10.6.6 then install easybeast, am i right? or install easybeast, do not restart, install update 10.6.6?

which is which?

install multibeast and when it asks to restart dont press restart. open up your 10.6.6 update and let it finish installing
once the 10.6.6 update installs and finishes press restart and make sure the iboot disk is not in your cd rom

aravi_992 said:
JasonTechie said:
viewforum.php?f=69/[/url]

which is which?

install multibeast and when it asks to restart dont press restart. open up your 10.6.6 update and let it finish installing
once the 10.6.6 update installs and finishes press restart and make sure the iboot disk is not in your cd rom[/quote:ij90lgfp]

Nope, you need to download the combo update from Apple's site, install it and then run multibeast and install whatever options from it based on your pc specs. Run kext utility and then restart.

thank you for the reply guys :)

i made it, boot from HDD :)

many thanks to you all :)

JasonTechie said:

nice to know you got it booting. have fun with your mac.

aravi_992 said:
JasonTechie said:

nice to know you got it booting. have fun with your mac.

yeah i'm having fin with it :) still discovering new stuffs hehe :)

anyway, i my lenovo laptop can't boot ti HDD too. wll try to figure this thing out :)

JasonTechie said:
yeah i'm having fin with it :) still discovering new stuffs hehe :)

anyway, i my lenovo laptop can't boot ti HDD too. wll try to figure this thing out :)

same here i installed snow leopard and got a working hackintosh for the first time 2 days ago. never used apple os's before!

can't boot from HDD on my Lenovo 3000 G400 notebook but on iBoot everything works fine.

i updated already to version 10.6.6 then run MultiBeast and install the necessary stuffs then after installing the necessary stuffs from MultiBeast i run Kext Utility then wait for a couple of mins. then Eject the iBoot disc from my DVD drive the reboot.

second trial was i reboot first the eject the iBoot disc from my DVD drive then boot to the OS X from HDD but after the Apple Logo (boot screen) my screen goes gray then the apple was gone.

i reboot my laptop again with iBoot then everything works fine, Audio, Video, Wifi, USB, but my Ethernet doesn't work but it's not a big deal cuz i'm using Wifi.

delete the Extra folder from my Snow Leopard drive then run the MultiBeast but again nothing of my trial and error work.

and i want to make my default boot loader to boot from my HDD and not from iBoot.

my i already figure out my desktop to boot from HDD but on my laptop i can't make this thing work.

any advice is very much appreciated :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back