Graphics
XFX HD-687A-ZDFC Radeon HD 6870
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I already have a Windows build which eventually be a "hackintosh". I just want to add wifi N on Windows but that it could be used later on the hackintosh. Please, see my thread here. Thanks.

Here To Help said:
Look at this link. how to build your own wireless card.

http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1143
Thanks very much, but I am looking for a solution where I don't have to build the whole card. I was able to build my PC, but I am not sure I can build such a card. Again, thanks.

It very simple to build the card. All you do is plug in to wireless chip into the adapter and then attach the antennas from the adapter to the chip. After that you just put into a PCI Express slot.

It's cheap and will always have support.

Here To Help said:
Linksys WMP300N PCI wireless card with this kext.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/download/file.php?id=31786

Works with air port and air drop.

You can use the bottom pci port on your mother board. They go for around $25 used on amazon.

Does you mean that my current D-Link DIR-615 router will not work? What exactly is "air port" or "air drop"? Sorry to ask, and thanks.

Here To Help said:
Air port as in the native app that runs wifi. Your router will be fine.

Air pro is a file transferring from mac to mac using wifi. Ie drag a file over the other computers icon and drop. :thumbup:

Thanks for making it clear to me.

For full native N WiFi use TP-Link WDN-4800, seen as native AirPort Extreme with AirDrop support. See my build...

Bobcat86 said:
For full native N WiFi use TP-Link WDN-4800, seen as native AirPort Extreme with AirDrop support. See my build...
Thank you. I am following your build and posted there my comments.

+1 for the WDN4800. Fully functional with 0 effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back