Contribute
Register

How should I select the parts for a dual booting build of windows 10 and yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97-D3H
CPU
Intel Core i7 4790k 4.0 GHz
Graphics
ASUS NVIDIA GTX 750 Ti 2GB
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello,

First off, I must say that I have no experience in building PCs. The current PC is built for me by a friend back in 2007 and it's working fine for me, but I was thinking on getting a new build in december. I'd like to try out a UEFI system as they are common nowadays, but I'm not sure on how to select the working parts.

So, what should I know before attempting a build? I want to learn how the parts are chosen, and I also want to avoid DSDT if I can, mainly because my current PC is DSDT free in hackintoshing. I have looked at the buyers guide, but I'm very much confused. And I also have a budget limit of $500 and I also say I need a GPU, I'm a graphics programmer.

Please guide me on how to select parts.
Thanks

In a nutshell, you can mix and match parts in the buyers guide based on your budget. Post your selections back here and give a brief summary of what specific programs you'll be using...there are many folks that can provide guidance and recommendations for your needs.

Also, if you're in the US, check and see if you live near a Microcenter store. They have excellent prices on CPU/motherboard bundles but you have to buy them in the store since they don't ship.

My main requirement is the graphics, I need a card that supports OpenGL 4.4 API and I need atleast 16 gigs of RAM. Main programs I run are Photoshop and AfterEffects. I tried to read through the October's guide on CustoMac, but I haven;t got my own build till now, and I worry on the inter compatibility between the largely available parts list.

I live in India, but I had some friends in a computer store, so I can get some discounts, but they are not sure of the parts with compatibility with OS X. So if anyone suggest me a good PC build, I will be grateful. Also any advice on the must known basics of the computer hardware is appreciated. Thanks for your replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back