Contribute
Register

How safe is updating HWsensors & FakeSMC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z97M-D3H
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
intel hd4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have an older version of hwsensors,fake smc & plugins. I noticed the gui option to update HWsensors but this package by default updates fakesmc and plugins.
Is this generally a safe procedure on hackintosh? Ive had problems in the past with updating fakesmc and plugins- but atm this install is very stable, except occasional non serious graphic glitches on intel hd3000. Newer fakesmc apparently fixes this.

installed version: 5.3.820
ML 10.8.5

Many thanks

I have an older version of hwsensors,fake smc & plugins. I noticed the gui option to update HWsensors but this package by default updates fakesmc and plugins.
Is this generally a safe procedure on hackintosh? Ive had problems in the past with updating fakesmc and plugins- but atm this install is very stable, except occasional non serious graphic glitches on intel hd3000. Newer fakesmc apparently fixes this.

installed version: 5.3.820
ML 10.8.5

Many thanks

I have just updated my Ivy Bridge build, Mountain Lion 10.8.5 SSD installation that uses a GT640 for graphics and I am finding that it is running fine and the Hardware Monitor icon has been updated in line with the Mavericks version.

CPU heat sink is still wrongly reported at 73 Degrees C - but that has always been the case on some motherboards.

Your milage may vary as with any update - if you have a backup and your UniBeast flash drive then you should be fine. :thumbup:

Ok, thankyou, will try and then post results. I am backed up.

I imagine that everything will just run smoothly and work fine. Better to be prepared just in case though.

You imagine well. Successful. Temps reported 20 degrees lower. And HWmonitor screen isn't graphically borked anymore. Not seen any more graphical glitches with the hd3000, but that could be because i did proper dsdt edits thanks to ReHabMan rather than because of fakesmc. Everything works.
:)

Sounds like everything has come together properly. If using a DSDT it is important that everything is correct for a properly functioning computer. FakeSMC, sensors & HW Monitor all sound like they are now properly matched for reporting. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back