Contribute
Register

how i got my 560 Ti working... a quick guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guide has completely crashed my system. On the second step in Lion 10.7 i had no substitutions6 fourth step hasn't been done because i have MacPro3,1 in my settings.
So some questions:
- why do I have no substitutions on second step? (I haven't commited any patches, the system is clean 10.7)
- how to change with MacPro3,1 to MacPro4,1 in order to proceed the fourth step(i have a bootloader from beast, not chameleon)?
Please answer my questions ASAP, because I am doing the fourth full reinstall this evening :(

zvoice said:
This guide has completely crashed my system. On the second step in Lion 10.7 i had no substitutions6 fourth step hasn't been done because i have MacPro3,1 in my settings.
So some questions:
- why do I have no substitutions on second step? (I haven't commited any patches, the system is clean 10.7)
- how to change with MacPro3,1 to MacPro4,1 in order to proceed the fourth step(i have a bootloader from beast, not chameleon)?
Please answer my questions ASAP, because I am doing the fourth full reinstall this evening :(

This tut is for 10.7.2 not 10.7...
MacPro3,1 line is in /Extra/plist

burubuk said:
This tut is for 10.7.2 not 10.7...
Does this mean that this method could break the system in an incoming update? Maybe it's a stupid question considering most things should be able to do that, but I'm a n00b so...

zvoice said:
I ve managed to run my 560ti on 10.7.2 :)

My 560ti was running great until I updated to 10.7.2 and now I'm back to 1024x768. I guess I still haven't learned not to fix something that isn't broken. LOL

Would you share how you got your 560ti working on 10.7.2.

The steps in the first post worked well for me to get my 560 ti working as best as possible (running 10.7.2)

- Had to change smbios plist to from macpro3,1 to macpro4,1. Did so via multibeast.
- Had to remove AppleTyMCEDriver kext or I had a kernel panic.

~28fps with cinebench which is ok I suppose when you consider I'm running a now seemingly ancient Q6600 CPU.

Am I missing something? I dropped in my nvidia 550 gtx ti and lion saw it with no problems

You seem like an expert

Is there any way in which you could PLEASE help me install Asus GTX 560 Ti SLI?

I added

PCIRootUID=1 to the bootloader options, and that prevents my Hackintosh to turn me to power off

However I still need to disconnect the second graphic card (only one power cable will do), if I want to have accelaration

I believe I am REALLY close to being able to do this, I want to boot Mac and Windows, using SLI, without doing anything else, no cables off, just a smooth process in either Mac or Windows

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE :)

Absolutely works on 10.7.2
Aslo working on 10.7.3 beta.

Hi,

I just got this card GTX 560 Ti 1GB and first I had a bit of sorry for buying it.
But after searching on to get it work I have it flly working and i want to share my what I'v done.

-Put MacPro4,1 in smbios.plist
-Removed from S/L/E/ AppleTyMCEDriver.kext, AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext
-Add device ID 1200 in NVDAGF100Hal.kext 0x120010de&0xffc0ffff
-Opencl fix with Multibeast 4
-Changed info.plist in AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext at section MacPro4,1
<key>MacPro4,1</key>
<dict>
<key>Vendor10deDevice1200</key>
<dict>
<key>Heuristic</key>
<dict>
<key>ID</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>IdleInterval</key>
<integer>250</integer>
<key>SensorOption</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>SensorSampleRate</key>
<integer>4</integer>
<key>TargetCount</key>
<integer>5</integer>
<key>Threshold_High</key>
<array>
<integer>85</integer>
<integer>85</integer>
<integer>85</integer>
<integer>100</integer>
</array>
<key>Threshold_Low</key>
<array>
<integer>0</integer>
<integer>80</integer>
<integer>85</integer>
<integer>100</integer>
</array>
</dict>
<key>LogControl</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>control-id</key>
<integer>18</integer>
</dict>

Installed the modified kext, repaired permissions, deleted all kext Caches
Restarted and it was working great Novabench gives me 1883 Frames/second
I first tried the threshold settings from the firt post and it worked as well except i was getting random freezes and could not sleep and so on.
With this every thing works great even HDMI port is workin just fine.
Maybe it help someone

Cheers!

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back